Happy Weekend!



Wow, that week went fast!
So, I thought I would share a few things I have been busy with ...first, my Esty shop is once again open for business. I thought you might like to see one of my books I just uploaded to my shop so here are a couple of pics.

I don't know about you but I am not big on New Year's resolutions since I know me, not likely to keep true to them much past the first few days so why bother, lol. However, I have been thinking a lot about what I would like to accomplish this year with my art.  Since I am now doing my art full time I thought it might be good to have at least a skeleton outline of goals - especially with all of the art classes I signed up for last year - yes, yes, and still working my way through. (Ok, and we won't even talk about the one's I keep finding and drooling over). So where was I... oh yes, goals -  in order to expand my experience with all the new techniques I am learning I thought I would participate in  challenges, especially with my new love of everything tags and atc's, well of course I still also love painting and my book art, and my cloth dolls - oh dear - here we go again!

I thought I heard Ely (my muse) saying all of these challenges might be useful in helping me discover my own art identity/style. I am still totally in the dark on that one but I guess she will get me there sometime - SOON! Sorry about that sudden shout but I wanted to make sure Ely heard me, geesh she can be pouty sometimes!  So, that is what I am up to...now your turn - what's in the plans for you this bright shiny new year? Would love to hear what you are up to...
Hugs,

Comments

Linda M. said…
Hi Beth, I've been trying to visit your blog but for some reason I get booted off line every time. It's my bad internet connection I think or my old computer. Love your new look. I hope to visit more now that I'm retired. Hope my connection holds.
Chris said…
Absolutely beautiful mini book, I love the soft colours and all the texture and details, it's a wonderful keepsake. Chris :D
JudySheaRT said…
Hi Beth... so glad to stop by here... Love your work.. I have to browse more of your blog. Yippee.. new art to see. I've had enough of this snow here in Mass.. how about you? See on Julie's ning.
Diane said…
Beth, thank you for stopping by my blog today and commenting about books! I don't think you're too far from your education! You're following both your education and your muse with your art books! 'Way to go!
Hope to see you again.
XO Diane
Emakesart said…
Love this book! Beautiful! And that is why you should keep up the classes and challenges...to keep learning more and more then one day everything will start blending and molding into something "YOU" a little of this, a smidgen of that, etc and suddenly your artwork feels like home! I still struggle with that sometimes, but I'm close (I think)! Good luck with your journey there and just HAVE FUN with it!

xoEsther
Nigéa said…
Hi Elizabeth ! attention ne tombe pas de la chaise ! LOL ! thanks for your wonderful message ! I love your creations, they're stunning, beautiful ! actually I sometimes change the background on my freebies blog, yep this one is really great ! my own artblog corner is different, sorry I don't write much in it as I always miss time (as many of us I suppose !) it will be a pleasure to add your link to you and visit sometimes. Now I will have a look at your website too ! happy to meet you and discover this amazing blog ! I love the calendar with horses, very nice. My cats & dog say hello too !