One World One Heart 2011 Begins!
|Click on picture above to go to Lisa's blog for more info on this wonderful international event|
OK, I haven't had but one more comment since late this morning so I decided to close the comments section and make my drawings. You all have been so great and I have a bunch new friends, which I am very excited about!
my first drawing winner is:
Jeanie Callaghan over at "All My Artist Trading Cards" congratulations on winning my southwestern themed handmade book Jeanie
my second drawing winner is:
Dianne over at "Dianne Rambling On" congratulations on winning my handmade bracelet
"One World One Heart 2011" is finally here and we must give our utmost thanks to all the hard work Lisa over at "A Whimsical Bohemian", our hostess has put into this final chapter of OWOH! (I am sorry that I just discovered it this year...perhaps someone else will pick up the gauntlet to carry this wonderful event forward).
This post is to welcome everyone to my blog. As some of you already know I am a mixed media artist working on finding my way back into the world of art after too many years of separation from it. I am trying just about everything I can get my hands on - paper, ink. watercolor, acrylics, oils, fibers, silver, beads... (oh dear, what's a girl to do? - "Yes, Ely, buy more art supplies." (Ely is my muse by the way, say hello to everyone Ely - she is shy with everyone but me so please forgive her silence - she is actually a noisy little thing! LOL) With all these wonderful choices for art materials it really leaves the door wide open for what one can do with their art - how fabulous is that?!
My door prizes are:
1) a small "over-stuffed" western themed handmade book is filled with little nooks and crannies made from antique doilies, vintage ladies handkerchiefs and little glassine envelopes with tiny tags as well as some big tags. It is great for keeping notes to yourself, ideas for projects, bits and pieces of poems that come to mind - well, it will be your book so you decide. The book is small, about 4 1/2"x6" (but very fat, "OK Ely" to be politically correct it is pudgy). It is trimmed with lace, ties closed with long pieces of lace and is collaged inside and out with beautiful southwestern themed papers and vintage pictures.
2) a wire wrapped bead encrusted cuff bracelet made by...yup, your truly :D. It is brightly colored with lots of lampworked beads and swarovski crystals for that bling we all love. So on with the show:
|book from front|
|antique lace doily to hold another tag|
|Yeeha, the Marshall is in town, or is it the Sheriff?|
|What, another tag?!|
Door Prize # 2:
|Front view (it is really much more beautiful in person - I have always had a heck of a time photographing my jewelry)|
|View slightly from your right|
|view from your left|
- anyone with a blog can participate, worldwide!
- leave me a comment so I can enter you in the drawing
- remember if your comment doesn't link back to your blog, leave me an email so I can get in touch with you if you win
- the drawing will be February 17th, 2011 and winner will be notified on the 18th
- If the winner does not come forward within 3 days I will have to pick a new winner, and so on...
- So you are waiting for what? :D