With the sweet smell of fall just around the corner as the days become more chilly, and the smoke from fires in wood burning stoves once again float across the air I have been busy putting my house back together. Better than before, hopefully, after taking a deep breath and letting go of so much unused and unneccesary stuff.  Yes, that process did throw me into a tailspin for a while as each day I looked in utter exhasperation at a completely upside-down house and studio. "How can this be such a mess after I got rid of so much?" I wondered.

Why oh why did I do it", I kept asking myself day after long day of trying to figure out how to tackle the mess, things strewn all the way out into the hallway and around the corner and piles and piles of unrecognizable STUFF!!!

Each day I drug my exhausted and achey body into what was once my studio and sat in my chair and just stared at everything. I even burst into tears several times thinking, "there is just no way I can regain control of this - just chuck everything into big black plastic lawn bags and pitch the lot." OK, OK, I know that is a tad melodramatic but really that is how I was feeling. I love decorating and rearranging my home but honestly I don't know how people survive home make-overs!!

Enough said, "whining is not the answer" I bravely told myself, as did Ely my faithful but sometimes painfully honest muse - so to work I went! Although there are still a few things to do the bulk of work is done, finally!  Let me know what you think...

From this...

 this...
  this
 and this...
To this...





Now, I have not been a fan of plastic storage containers in the past but now that I have them and can see where everything is...OMG!!! I am still pinching myself in disbelief! I still have to sift through and straighten out my books and re-organize my fabric but I am doing the happy dance for sure!

Have a lovely sweet week everyone,

Photobucket

Comments

Diane said…
I am very impressed and very happy for you--I know what this is like, and it gets so fustrating--right now my art room is getting a little out of hand, but I'm trying to stay on top of it. It's so nice to be organized and know where everything is, isn't it?!
Halle said…
Amazing transformation! Love the table in the center of the room. I wish I had a room instead of a corner!