Alice through the key hole

Hi my bloggy friends, I told you to expect more alternative art now that I have discovered the genre! Tracey over at Poisoned Peas Please has a fab new set of digi stamps of alternative Alice and I just had to play around with one of them this weekend. I'm still learning the nuances of this genre, yes aside from the dark part, LOL! There is a lot to it and I never dreamed I would be playing in the genre and loving it!!! Hmmm, "the power of the dark side is strong" (Obiwan). Anyway, "Alice through the key hole" just kept popping into my head... so much so that I had to stop what I was working on and play with her before I forgot the ideas that were flying through my head! Here is what I came up with from Tracey's digi...




Believe it or not the part that took the longest was getting the key to look rusty... Now I have another passion, rust!!! Steampunk here I come, OK, I know I am showing up to the party a little late but give me credit for at least showing up, lol...

Have a fabulously creative week and do drop over to see what Poisoned Peas Please is all about, remember, the first challenge "Freestyle" is going on right now - you have til the end of the February to enter something for a chance to win the whole set of Tracey's alternative Alice set of digi stamps.

Supplies Used:
DP - DCWV "The Immortal Love" stack; Recollections solid cardstock; digital heart and diamond image from PDA group; digital potion bottle image from Moonlight Madness (I have to double check on that name)
Accessories - Recollections forest green sheer ribbon; Jolee's "All That Bling" dimensional stickers; Spellbinder's Nestabilities "Large Deckled Rectangles"; Prisma colored pencils

Photobucket

Comments

LilyPinkScraps said…
Very creative - my dark side is being squashed by cuteness so I may be coming over to join you :)
Rhonda Miller said…
This is gorgeous. I just love how you colored the image and the papers you used. TFS.
Wonderful, Beth! Yep, alternative here we come!

Your image coloring is amazing, as is your layout.
Electra said…
Your cards are all beautiful, Beth, but this one is my Favorite! (for now...)