Some Swapping Fun

Hi my bloggy friends...I thought you might like to see some of the other stuff I have been up to in between my DT work. One thing I have developed a passion for is pin cushions and stick pins...and of course paper projects, especially 6"x 6" cards.

I can show you this because my swap partner has already received it...mine is still traversing it's way from across the pond. As soon as it arrives I will be showing off the new addition to my collection. In the meantime, I have always wanted to dabble in felted wool and make penny rugs and such and this little pin cushion project has confirmed that desire. Wool is loads of fun and easy to work with, who knew?!! Those beads stitched to the sides of the pin cushion are 4mm bicone Swarovski crystals in AB clear and light rose.



Here you can see the stick pins I included in the package to my partner (I do hope she liked them, she didn't mention them...I think she was worrying that my package beat hers across the pond, LOL!!) I am not worried. These pointly little pieces of art are so easy to make, why anyone wouldn't want to try their hand at them is beyond me... but you do need to have some jewelry making supplies and of course lots of pretty beads...my passion are flame worked beads, Swarovski crystals and Tibetan sterling silver spacers and beads - yes, I know beer budget champagne tastes, LOL!!!


Then I just made this card up, ok I have to admit it is for a sample of my work for another DT I am trying to grab a spot in but it was oh so fun to make...I just love the digital image of those quirky little birds

Hope you enjoyed my little projects and thanks bunches for stopping by. If you have time please leave me a comment so I know you came by...

Photobucket

Comments

I Love The Beads Stitched To The Sides Of The Pin Cushion! Gorgeous Creation!
And Your Card Is Fantastic! Good Luck For The DT Position! Hugs,Tee
Mrs A. said…
So sorry I didn't mention the gorgeous stick pins. Love the ones with the beads hanging from the side. Got a lot on my plate at the moment. Away from home looking after 92yr old mum who is being very difficult to say the least. Managing to keep up blogging with my IPad. hugs Valeryanne .
The Wired Angel said…
I had to stop by and say thank you for your lovely comment and for telling me about making your own background papers. How nice of you to do that. I just became a follower and am looking forward to seeing your creations. Your pin cushion is adorable!
Jessica said…
Beth, this is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and being so sweet! I would hate to miss the GHWI challenges. So much inspiration and a great excuse to play with my Ippity and Unity goodies! LOL!
:O)
Jessica
Jean said…
This pincushion is so dear! I too love to work with wool felt. It is so easy to sew and stitch. I love your pins too! Lovely! HugZ, Jean
ike said…
Fabulous pin cushion :-D Can I ask - How long are the stick pins you make ? Do I have to buy special ones to start ???? =^oo^=