A Swap and Some Studio Time

Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a pleasant day with the warming temperatures, in the northern hempisphere anyway. I haven't shared much of my art aside from my DT cards lately so I thought I would start by sharing two cards I made for this amazing card swap I participate in monthly over at Life at the [scrappin] Beach with Belinda Akers. I first saw Belinda on YouTube and fell in love with her mini-albums and then found her card swap and was over joyed!!! Belinda has talent leaking out of her ears...you should take a look sometime. Anyway, the theme for our March cards was Weddings or Congratulations. I generally sign up for two spots so I make 6 each of two different cards.



Then I used some much needed studio play time to create two cards with some digital images that I have had for some time and was chomping at the bit to play with. The first card features a digi image from the incredibly talented Krista of Saturated Canary Designs that I hand colored with my Prisma artists colored pencils. I love the soft steampunk look of the image with all those fabulous layers of clothes! Oh to be offered a spot on this gals' DT!!!

I am entering this card in Saturated Canary's blog challenge #13 Twine.

This card is also a digi image coming from my very creative friend Tracey over at The Stamping Boutique from her newly released Alice in Wonderland Set - this one is the Red Queen. This is also my first attempt using my new Spectrum Noir artist markers (Copics are just too pricey for this gal's wallet), *sigh*.   By the way Tracey has a sale going on in her shop right now so you might want to hop over and do a little shopping.

I am entering this card in TSB Challenge #29 "Gold"


I don't know what it is about sitting down and coloring...I loved it when I was little and I love it still! I find it totally meditative...what better way to spend a few hours in the studio. Well, I hope you enjoyed my new cards and that you will try some digital images yourself. They are so wicked easy to work with...and no most definitely not...I am not parting with my rubber stamps... I just like this new venue as well. The cool thing is when you purchase digital stamps you get them right away as a download, no shipping and no waiting! Hmmm, does it get any better?

Thanks for stopping by...

Comments

Loopylou. said…
wow elisabet you have been so busy!! and they are all gorgeous!
thank you for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx
Debbie said…
Elizabeth, beautiful cards, coming from a kindred spirit for coloring!! I purchased the set of Spectrum Noir as well, and really enjoy do enjoy them. Good luck on the draw at The Stamping Boutique!

Debbie
LilyPinkScraps said…
Wowee, you really have been busy :) Love white and blue together, always looks elegant. The SC digi is so adorable and I love Alice stuff!
Elaine said…
Elisabet , you have been so busy . Top card is super !
next card has nice embossing and buttons.
next is FANTASTIC I love the image and Bow
next is GORGEOUS I love the image and the colours .
Well done
Hugs Elaine
Julia said…
Beth, all your cards are gorgeous.
I love the the Red Queen, really fun image to work with.
Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.
Hugs,
Julia
April said…
Wow...you have been busy!!! What a great way to use the gold and I love that you used one of our images!! Thanks for joining TSB!
Kay said…
I found your blog through the Saturated Canary challenge - wow! I came to say how much I loved your card and look at all the other lovely things I discovered!
Lovely card!
Thank you for playing along with us at The Saturated Canary challenge blog.
Vicky said…
Beautiful card love the colours. Fab image.

Thank you also for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Mary Brockway said…
Gorgeous card!! So colorful against the neutral backgroud. Thanks for joing us at Saturated Canary Challenges :-)

xxo