This and That...

Hi all my bloggy friends! I know, I have been absent for a bit because I've had a rip roaring sinus infection that completely knocked me out! Today is the first day since I got sick last Wednesday that I feel like a human again, LOL!!! Anyway, a couple of things to catch you up on...

I know you wondered deep down how long I could stay away from my beloved mixed media and I won't keep you waiting for the answer... not very long indeed! I decided last week when I got sick to leave 2 of the 5 design teams I was on because I just didn't have time to make any of my own art...hmmm, not good at all I said to myself!

Today I have a post about the most recent design team I joined up with and this is my first challenge I am presenting for the lovely ladies over at Crafting by Designs Ning group - if you would like to join the group just drop me a quick email and I would be more than happy to send you an invite to join. CBD is a small group of artists and it's really, really friendly, and oh the talent! OK, think about it and let me know if you're interested.

So, what was my challenge over at CBD you ask? It was "Anything Goes" so of course I grabbed the opportunity to play in my beloved mixed media! And what did I make? Well, I am glad you ask...I made an oversized tag of course! I don't know what it is about tags but I just love them... so without any more suspense...





Hope you like it! I love it for a couple of reasons, one I love the colors but even more importantly I love it because it has several new techniques (for me anyway) on it. The lace button on the front I made...I know it is simple but still, I MADE IT, how cool is that I ask you? Next is the Magical Mystical Mist I made all by myself, alas the camera doesn't like picking up the little sparkly bits but rest assured they are there. I am calling this color Aztec Gold...I know, I know, not very original but some of the other colors I made are more inventive in their names, lol.  Lastly there is a bauble on the botton of the tag, and yes, made by you know who! I just saw a video on YouTube where the gal edged the bottom of her tag with little charms so I thought to myself, "self, you can do that"!

So, although I've been sick I was busy watching and learning from the YouTube Goddesses! These gals just drip with talent! LOL!

Well, all for now... I will come back in and put some links for those videos but I must do a couple of errands now...

Thanks bunches for stopping by...



Comments

Jules Woolford said…
So very sorry you've been so poorly and glad you're feeling better. This piece is wonderful!x
Elaine said…
Glad you are up and about again Elisabet . Have fun crafting again ,
Huugs Elaine
Julia said…
What a surprise!! I love love the tags Elisabeth and thanks for your comment on my blog so I could visit you and see this beauties!