A New Chapter

Hi my sweet bloggy friends! Well, they say there is nothing constant in life except change and I can personally vouch for that fact. After 5 years of holding together a small online book business I finally closed my doors yesterday! Small business' just can't make it competing with the mega business world! It was a nice ride for 5 years and a great fit with my personal love of books and my academic background with a Master's Degree in the Library and Information field... but now it's time to move on!

On a brighter note - soon, in a month or so, you will start seeing my destash of art supplies I no longer need or use for greatly reduced prices here on my blog. I will have a separate page for everything that is for sale, which by the way will be mostly fabric from my past quilting life.  I just have to get the energy up to meet the monumental task of sorting it all into small saleable piles! I am still debating on the sale of my beloved Bernina 1630 sewing machine...I'll keep you all posted on that one!

OK, back to my paper love and my latest project for your enjoyment...





This is a beautiful mermaid image from one of Teri's latest releases over at Delicious Doodles and I had a ball coloring her and adding all the bits and bobs of layers. She has little bits of glitter in her seaweed eyebrows as well as those very pointy long nails of hers - unfortunately the sparkle is really hard to capture on camera. I entered her in the latest challenge over at Delicious Doodles for the theme "Lots of Layers' - seems Teri and I have something in common - we love, love, love layers! So, wish me luck!

Thanks for dropping by and do please visit again soon - I love having company and comments!


Comments

jengd said…
I'm sorry to hear that Beth. It's always a sad thing when a small business has to close its doors. I hope the next chapter is as fulfilling and continues to last. Wonderful piece btw. ;)
artistamyjo said…
I had to let go of a small business as well,several years ago.
Sad, but went on to find so much more in life. This is a lovely creation,colors too!
Hugs