Something New

Happy weekend my sweet bloggy friends. Today I decided to try a new technique, well, maybe it isn't quite a technique but rather approach to making a card.

For challenge #19 over at Delicious Doodles the theme
is to try something you have never tried before.

So, I decided to try monochromatic. Whew, a lot more difficult than I at first blush thought it would be! I picked an image called "Just Purr-fect" from Delicious Doodles, and set to work... It felt like I used all of one of my Spectrum Noir grey markers while I was blending layer after layer trying to get the shading just right... then the skin and eyes...oh my gosh! Well, here she is...with the final little touch of a handmade stick pin!




Thanks for stopping by for a visit and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Comments

Jennie said…
That's one gorgeous card and beautiful shading on the hair.the roses and lace make it extra special.
Jennie xx OSAAT DT
She is gorgeous, Beth!
Kristina said…
Very very pretty, love the greys! You did a great job!
Peace,
Kristy
Happy Days said…
Gorgeous and you did a fab job of colouring in monochrome.

Thanks for entering the "try something new" challenge over at Delicious Doodles.

Good luck
Claire x
Teri said…
Beautiful card hun. Love that shading. Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this time, good luck in the draw! And thanks for using a DD image too!
Hugs,
Teri x
Love the monochrome look and you've done a fab job here. Thanks for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' "try something new" challenge