Butterflies on My Mind...


Hi all my bloggy friends! Hope you're enjoying your weekend? It's pouring rain here in New Hampshire and chilly. The forecast is for the same all weekend so great time to go play in my studio...any excuse right?!

Our challenge this week at One Stitch At A Time is to use a digi. So, today I am showing off a digi stamp called Butterfly 2.


Our sponsors this week at OSAAT are
and

And, if you spend just $12 in the shop at One Stitch At A Time this set will be included in your purchase for free!


I tried a couple of new things with this card . I colored the butterfly using my artist's Prisma colored pencils and then overlayed some of the areas with matching Stickles... come on, butterflies need a bit of sparkle! I also tried a new technique from one of my favorite card artists - Becca over at Amazing Paper Grace where you use an edge punch to make a background filigree piece, you can find her great tutorial here.


Next I pulled out my Sizzix Decorative Swirls set and curved one part of the swirl so it would curve up and back down thus giving it a little dimension and adding a little drama  - we always need a little bit of drama in our art, don't you think? (smile)

I hope you enjoyed this card and that you get over to OSAAT to join in the challenge fun. Also, don't forget that tutorial over at Beccas' - it is worth a look see... I promise!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Catch The Bug Challenge - "Anything Goes"
Crazy 4 Challenges - "Add some butterflies to your creation"
Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude - "Anything Goes/Father's Day"
Great Impressions - "Die Cuts or Punches"

Supplies Used:
DP DCWV stack, Recollections white card stock, American Crafts textured white card stock;
Accessories - iamroses.com paper flowers; MS hydrangea deep punch; Spellbinders Labels Three; Sizzix Decorative Swirls; Ranger Stickles in Mermaid, Cotton Candy, Yellow; Prisma artist grade colored pencils; Recollections sheer ribbon in champagne; generic pop-dots and my Pink Scotch ATG gun.

As always, hugs and thanks for popping over for a visit to see my latest...







Comments

downrightcrafty said…
what a gorgeous piece, thank you so much for joining us this week for our Anything Goes Challenge a the Secret Crafter
Hugs Kate xx
Josephine said…
Gorgeous! I love that butterfly - it's wonderful as a focal image, but would also be perfect for an embellishment.
Hazel said…
Beautiful, love the background too. Hazel x
CG said…
Wow, what a stunning card! Love those flowers, and that butterfly is gorgeous. Best, CG
Abbie721 said…
Absolutely gorgeous, just love the colors on the butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Fat Pages With Attitude this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx
Jenny said…
Hi Beth - You are right Mr. Linky is missing from the Great Impressions Stamps challenge blog...I've let our coordinator know....check back tomorrow. Your card is wonderful - love the Stickles on the butterfly and all the wonderful details :)
Jenny said…
Mr. Linky is back up at the Great Impressions Blog here:

http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/06/challenge-4die-cuts-or-punches.html

Again, I apologize for the delay...
Franz♥ said…
Gorgeous card, love it so much!

Thanks so much to sharing this lovely job with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.
Jenny said…
So glad you got this linked to Great Impressions Stamps! I love the look of your blog and that butterfly is stunning! Thanks for joining in the fun at Great Impressions Stamps!
Super gorgeous card.
Hugs Nat
Beautiful card Beth, love everything about it. Hugs Julie x
JustYolie said…
So many beautiful details...I love the flowers!!