Mad Tea Party 2012




Thank goodness you are here, we were starting to worry, yes we were! Thought you had gotten lost, and would never arrive!  I am sure the invitation said, oh but I get so befuddled, perhaps not... oh dear, well, no matter...we are ever so late...come, come, we really must hurry, no time to dawdle...no indeed, hurry!


Rabbit, you really must slow down I can't keep up! I know you are worried, late and everything but I will explain to the Mad Hatter, all my fault with that wrong turn...


Oh rabbit, where are you? I told you to slow down, now what am I to do, only the white rabbit knows the way...how ever will I get to the party now? Who will do all the explaining...?




The Mad Hatter will be ever so upset, all the trouble he has gone to getting just the right tea for the right person oh my, and then there are all those specially made cakes...what ever is he going to think?  We must not disappoint, no, no! Oh dear! Do please try and  keep up we must make haste... remember the tea and cakes... 
Yes, yes I know it looks dark but not to worry, I am right here with you - it will be alright...



instructions are clearly spelled out... The invitation said... Oh look at the time...






Oh rabbit! Where are you, no wait, where am I? What is this place?
Pretty floors so someone must be about, who keeps them so sparkly and clean?

There is a door but where is the key?




Hmmm, how curious...a key and a bottle that says "Drink Me" I wonder if that key opens the door? Only one way to find out I guess, lets try it and see if it fits...



Oh bother, I can't possibly fit through this tiny door...


I wonder...perhaps if I have just a little sip from that bottle, after all it does say "drink me"



Oh joy, it worked...
Oh my what beautiful shoes, I wonder if they fit...perhaps the white rabbit left them for me to wear to the party...I'll just try one on to see...they do fit! Surely the Mad Hatter won't be cross when he sees the beautiful shoes I wore for his party...


I wonder if the white rabbit went this way, I must hurry to follow...
What a pretty garden and all these colorful flowers I would love to have such a garden, perhaps when I return home I can make my garden look like this...





Well, this is a strange place not at all like the beautiful flower garden, perhaps if I just walk on a bit farther there will be some signs...

Oh good, I knew the white rabbit wouldn't leave me all on my own he is just much faster than I am! He knew I couldn't keep up so he left me these signs...Oh! but they all say different things yet they point to the same way... Well, one says The Mad Hatter so I will follow that one...


Oh good I must most certainly be on the right path - there is one of the Mad Hatter's Hats!


The party must be near, those lovely colorful banners surely are arranged for a grand tea party...


I will just step through here and see if anyone is about that I can ask... 


Everyone must be at the party already but there is a sign, now I know I am almost there! The white rabbit will be so pleased to see that I did indeed make it even though I couldn't keep up with him...


Now, what was it the white rabbit said about the pink cushions I would see? I remember, he said that was where I should meet the Mad Hatter...let's see now, I must plan my apology properly so as not to offend...


Yes, white rabbit was right, the Mad Hatter was ever so gracious and forgiving of my tardiness. He even introduced me to his magical cat Cheshire. He does so purr!


And all of the wonderful tea cups and plates,
 and sweets of all manner to please the most finicky of finicky!










This has been such a wonderful party! I am sure I will never ever forget what a lovely 
and magical day this has been! 
Thank you all so much for joining me... 
now where did that rabbit get to, 
I must thank him personally for our invitation...




Oh well, I will tell him at next year's party


(thanks to Google images for many of my photos)
oops, yes the secret is out, I did not make all those yummy pastries this time,
hung up my pastry apron last year when I retired!
Maybe next year I might be enticed to make just a few special sweets...come back then to see!

Thanks ever so much to Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist for hosting this wonderful Mad Tea get together. After all there are so many of us that quite mad we shouldn't let our talents lie fallow too long, a party here and there keeps us all going!

Comments

Patricia Hughes said…
Lovely Photos!
www.sweetordinarydays.blogspot.com
Mad Madam Mel said…
oh what a pretty party, and such yummy cakes too :)
Thank you so much for inviting me,
I hope to see you soon at my party too, everyone is invited :)
Mad Madam Mel x

http://www.madmadammel.com/2012/07/a-mad-tea-party-2012.html
Teacup Mosaics said…
Lovely party, I am so happy I am able to attend and I plan to visit again, even on a non-Mad-tea-party day. Your blog looks like my kinda place. See you soon and Oh don't to visit, a teacup is waiting for you!
Party On! Kelley
http://teacupmosaics.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-wonderful-mad-tea-party.html
Meeha Meeha said…
First of all, I love your tea party invitation! Second, those marshmallows had me at hello... :)
Rachel said…
Wonderfully dreamy photos, thanks for inviting me to such a lovely tea party.
I felt as if I was in a dream! Thanks for sharing i enjoyed my stay and the tea of course!

http://theweekendartist.blogspot.com/2012/04/weekend-artist-series-food-art-1-01.html
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emalina said…
what a cute rabbit, and such a fun tea party, well done :)

Please come take tea with me at my party here:

http://www.idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/a-mad-tea-party-in-idle-wonderland.html
What a beautiful Mad Tea Party! And such tasty treats there were. And a beautiful White Rabbit, too! I enjoyed my visit. Hope you can come visit with me, too.
http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-post-and-giveaway.html
Sincerely, Theresa :)
Happy Mad Tea Party Day!
Lisa said…
Such dreamy and beautiful photos! I really enjoyed your party.
XO,
Lisa
hope you can visit my parties!
Toriz said…
Wonderful party; thanks for the invite! :)
Kat said…
What a fun party! That bunny is too cute.
You can visit my party here: http://katcanpaint.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/mad-tea-party-2012
Fair Rosamund said…
What a lovely party!! Those treats look delicious, and what an adorable white rabbit :) Thank you so much for inviting me! ~Lauren
Linda said…
I am so glad that I made it...on time. It was wonderful, I met new friends and they showed me around. Your sweet treats were amazing and so was the tea. Thank you very much for having me. Please visit me:

momentsinaneye.blogspot.com
AutumnWind said…
I am so glad I stopped by, what a beautiful party you are having. I hpe you get a chance to stop by and visit mine :)
http://beneaththewitchesmoon.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party.html
Laurie said…
Magical party! Please stop by mine if you can! :)
Bev said…
how delightful Beth thanks for the invite and i love your blog have added u to my google reader ..

hugz bev
Sylvia Smiser said…
Lovely, dreamy tea party! Thank you for having me! I do hope you will visit mine.
http://anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcome-one-and-all-o-fanciful-madd-tea.html
retta519 said…
I had a wonder-ful time at your Mad Hatter Tea Party...thank you for taking me along. The sweets were delish, even though you didn't make them....being retired means you don't have to!
Waaaaay beyond dreamy!! Oh my!! And that white wabbit... he plum stole my heart!!!!

What stunning dreamy photos!!! Thank you for sharing them!!

Happy Mad Tea Partying!
♥ Vanessa {a fanciful twist}
Moonlyf said…
Those shoes are fit for a Queen! Thanks for the sweet dreams...

Carmen
http://www.moonlyf.com/2012/07/moonlyfs-mad-moonlit-tea-party.html
Laurie said…
Oh what a beautiful widdle wrabbit! Such a fluffy cotton tail I just want to pinch it! Thank you for the invite i had such fun!

Please do visit my tea party!! http://queencreative.com/illustration/fanciful-tea-party-2012/

Lots of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Queen Creative
Chelsea said…
The rose arches are magical, very mysterious and enchanted photos

I seem to be running awfully late for all these tea parties so must dash....
but do pop by

http://chelseaselkie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/mad-tea-party.html
Angela said…
Love the dreamy quality of your tea party, so enchanting!! My little blog is brand new so I didn't have a tea party this time, but can't wait for future parties!!

On a side note, although I live in England now, I grew up in NH and all my family is there so I have a major soft spot for the granite state!! I look forward to seeing more of your blog and creations :-)

Angela
http://www.whimsyways.blogspot.com
DogsMom said…
It was a magical time, indeed. Although you did have me worried at first that you may be lost!
Jessica said…
What a lovely party! The pictures are just delightful! Here is a link to mine:

http://www.awoodlandfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcome-to-5th-annual-mad-tea-party.html

Meet me in Wonderland!
Wendy said…
Dearest Beth,
Oh my goodness, I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to keep up with that swift little Rabbit. I have been eating so much at all the parties, and goodness me, now I have eaten a little more. Lovely goodies and beautiful scenes.

**************
Thank you for inviting me. Oh please do drop in for a Spoonful of Mad Tea over on the Other Side of Wonderland
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/
Kerstin Bulin said…
Ohhh...i love it...all the wonderful things and the yummy treats.
Have a nice day
Kerstin
http://cobblestone-prims.blogspot.de/2012/07/mad-tea-party-2012.html
Laura said…
Thanks for having me to your fantastic tea party!
blessings
~*~
I loved your photos, so soft and sweet, and that white rabbit looked so soft I could almost touch him! Cause you can do that in wonderland... wont you join me for my party too?
http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-mad-hatters-tea-party-blog-hop.html
xoxo Thank You for inviting me!
Scrap Vamp said…
I had a most enchanting time at your lovely tea party! Thank you for inviting me!

http://scrapvamp.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-2012.html
Kelly said…
Wow, this was truly a Dreamy tea party!Thank you for all the loveliness from the white rabbit to Alice to all the eye candy I haven't mentioned!
Cheers1
Lisa said…
Such a beautiul tea party! Thank you for the delicious treats!

lisa
What a pretty party with such yummy treats you have here! Thank you for sharing! Won't you please come visit me at The Tearoom? I think you will notice that I have a weakness for checkerboard floors as well!

http://gossamertearoom.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-mad-tea-party-2012.html

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Betty
Michelle May said…
Ooooooooooo! What a wonderfully fun party it was indeed!
Of course, you know my favorite part. ;)
xx
Michelle said…
What a lovely mad tea party! The white rabbit is adorable. Oh my, you've chosen the most delicious looking treats! Thanks for sharing! ~Michelle
Lynda said…
How dreamy, my time here with you has been! I can't wait for next year when we shall meet again! :)

http://butterflydream27.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-mad-tea-party.html
Rhissanna said…
What a lovely collection of images. I love the white rabbit!


Thank you for inviting me!

http://rhissanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/mad-tea-party-adventure-lost-rabbit.html
alethea said…
Hi Beth, just wanted to stop by and welcome you the PCJ family!! look forward to getting to know you!! Hugsxx
ShersL84bed said…
Beautiful images. I thought for sure you had made those yummies.Next years better be made by you young lady. LOL
Wow. I love the way the music co-ordinates with the pics. Beautiful job. Seems like a huge undertaking.