Skip to main content

Just a Little Dreaming...

To all my lovely followers and especially my newest friends... I don't always get to everyone to say Hi and thank you for becoming a follower. I know, terrible of me but do know that I so appreciate the fact that you thought enough of my blog to become a follower! So, I thought we might do something different to celebrate you all..

Today has been one of those days that I just wanted to sip my cappuccino and browse the Internet for pretty things... Of course we can all benefit from just slowing down for a few minutes and smelling the flowers...so, I thought I would share some of my finds today.  Why don't you go grab your fav beverage, a comfy chair, and sit back and enjoy!


OMG, isn't this just lovely?! Now that is the white picket fence of my dreams!



Living in New England where there is actually a season dubbed "mud season" one of these little rooms definitely comes in handy... not that I am saying my mud room looks like this (I wish) hmmmm...


Speechless on this one... yummmm!


I am so there! A good book, an iced cappuccino, and don't bother calling me for dinner! LOL!


Dream, wish, dream, wish, dream, wish... I think you get the point!


The shabbier chicier the better... just follow the little trail of drool from here on out,
(sorry about that! smile)


Is it bedtime already?


OK, now I really have to have one of these in my studio and small as my studio is this actually might fit! (OK, so I have to sacrifice the idea of one of those chairs-and-a-half,  it would never have fit in my studio anyway)


Oh yes, look at those windows and all of that light! *sigh*


Don't you just want to jump right in bed and take a nap with that kitty?!


I so want one of these writing desks...and that chair wouldn't go amiss either...




I wouldn't mind a smidge if the front of my country house er, converted barn looked like this...hmmm, in fact... (to be continued next spring...!)


Of course that little green house would look so cute in my garden don't you think?



And, to finish off our little romp around the Internet I thought ... why not?

I don't know about you but strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorites so when I stumbled on this fabulous website called www.97Sullivan.com I just had to bring this little goodie over here for all of you to enjoy...

Strawberry Shortcake

Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons shortening
  • 3/4 cup half and half
  • Melted butter to brush shortcakes
  • Berries
  • Whipped cream

Instructions

Heat oven 450 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter and shortening. Mix in half-and-half. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Cool and eat with berries and whipped cream.


Images via 97 Sullivan
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
Hmmm!

Well, that's the tour for today... I know I have tons of ideas swimming around in my head now, and you probably do to, LOL!
Now, where did I put that bank account?

Comments

Christy Beans said…
I shudder to think of all the dog hair all that WHITE WHITE WHITE would show! LOL But it is lovely and clean and bright! =) ~Christy
Renee said…
Thanks for the little trip...loved it! Now, I want that gorgeous house, the white picket fence & everything else too...if I can't have it all I must at least have the strawberry shortcake!!! (not nice teasing with that at the end!!)
Hugs, Renee
Anne said…
I've just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following! So nice to "meet" you! ♥
Hugs,
Anne