Popsicles Anyone?


Hi all my bloggy friends! I don't know what is with me lately but I seem to be on a recipe thing... I was just going through and cleaning up my blog list as it was starting to get out of control and low and behold I stumbled on this fabulous recipe! OK, I know popsicles are a smidge late for this time of the year but I am sure we have a few more hot days in store for us sometime this month, and if not, well, just stash the recipe away and save it for a beginning of summer 2013 treat!



Recipe for 10 pops
(recipe and photos courtesy Little Emma English Home)

1/3 cups (85 ml) water
1/3 cups (70 g) natural cane sugar
3 cups (450 g) diced watermelon
1 cup (130 g) raspberries
1/2 cup (60 g) red currants
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Pinch of salt

In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the sugar dissolves, remove pan from heat and pour syrup into a bowl to cool.

Combine the watermelon, raspberries, currants and lime juice in a blender. Puree the fruit and strain it through a fine mesh strainer. Add the cooled syrup and salt. Stir to combine. Pour into popsicle molds, insert sticks and freeze until solid.


Comments

Sounds delicious!! Look so pretty too :)
Renee said…
mmmmmmm these sound yummy! Will tuck this recipe away for next summer & make them with the granddaughters!
Hugs, Renee
Elly said…
Sure it tast yummy as all your receipes. (:o)
Pam Lambky said…
Beth, I think these sound great year round. I am going to let my 7 year old grandson make these with me! I may have to help him eat them! xoxo's Pam