Oh Yes!

Oh my gosh! The hint of a chill in the air, the leaves turning golden and gently drifting down slowly blanketing the driveway... it is that time of year again! Most of you probably know that this is indeed my favorite time of year. Fall scents of wood smoke floating across with the breezes, pumpkins starting to appear everywhere and apples, apples and more apples, and of course those spicy pumpkiny drinks tempting us at our favorite coffee bar... well, I guess it's no secret that I am a Starbuck's girl even if I do mostly make my own coffee drinks at home since the arrival of my espresso machine a few years back... I still brew with Starbuck's espresso though and this recipe just about knocked my socks off, LOL! I can't wait to try it... and kudos to the folks over at Onceamonthmom.com 

If you haven't visited this site and are interested in learning about adding more whole foods to your diet this is one of my new best friends and just might end up being one of yours!!!

"Pumpkin Spice Latte (on a budget)"

 
These lattes are fantastic with some of the fall recipes: pistachio chai muffins, pumpkin cream cheese muffins, lemon berry muffins, spiced apple pancakes and even maple oat scones!"

Pumpkin Spice Latte (on a budget)

Author/Source:

Kelly @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

  • 6 Tablespoons pureed pumpkin

    Pumpkin puree, if you don’t want to mess with the spices you can buy the pumpkin pie mix in the can!
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla coffee creamer (Or 1 Tablespoon organic heavy cream and 1 /2 teaspoon vanilla if you’re going for real food)
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or sucanat
  • 6 ounces organic milk
  • 12 ounces strong coffee

Directions:

Place all ingredients except coffee into a blender and blend until combined and smooth. Divide pumpkin base mixture among two coffee mugs (about six ounces for one serving). Heat in microwave for about one minute. Then add approximately six ounces of coffee to each mug and serve! You can add more coffee or more mixture to your liking and taste.

Freezing Directions:

Place all ingredients except coffee into a blender and blend until combined and smooth. Divide mixture among two pint freezer bags and freeze until ready to use. TO SERVE: Thaw in refrigerator or in microwave. Then add approximately six ounces of coffee to mixture and serve! You can add more coffee or more mixture to your liking and taste.

Servings: 2 – 12 ounce coffees

Store four ounce portions of the pumpkin mixture in baby food containers or muffin tins for use throughout the week!

This Post will be linked at:

I hope you enjoy trying out this recipe and as always thanks for popping by for a visit!

 

Comments

Magpie said…
This sounds perfectly yummy. I usually drink my coffee with just cream, but all the Fall splendor has me craving something with pumpkin. I'll try it, it looks so easy!
Carol said…
Oh this sounds absolutely scrumptious! I am a sucker for the Chai, the pumpkin but not any others. This I am going to try to make.
Hettienne said…
Hi Beth, welcome to the IA family! I have never considered a pumpkin latte! interesting
Hettienne said…
Hi Beth, welcome to the IA family! I have never considered a pumpkin latte! interesting
Juli Cannon said…
I am *SO* doing this!