Angels on my Mind...

Morning everyone, today begins a new art challenge over at Inspiration Avenue...and before I go any further I must give a resounding Cheer for my friend Maggie who graciously finished my post for me when my computer went down yesterday.  I can't thank her enough but that is what Inspiration Avenue is all about, helping one another to succeed in their art and to inspire others on their creative path. So without any further delay... 

this week's new challenge is entitled

 

Angels

Long ago I realized I actually had a guardian angel... it was the only logical explanation for some of the wonderful doors that suddenly opened to me as well as a few situations that I miraculously survived.

Now please keep in mind that this challenge is in no way intended to be religious in nature, unless that is how you choose to make your art;

Personally, I do not follow an organized religion rather preferring to follow my own way that is a combination of many paths leading to a mindful
and spiritual existence.



Recently the realization that I had never painted my guardian angel struck me with inspiration from the challenge back in October entitled "Orange". So,  I thought this would be a wonderful challenge particularly given the holiday season we have just officially ushered in.

"Ellie 1" - my guardian angel
11x14 canvas
acrylics; home recipe of Twinkling H2O's; Prisma artist colored pencils;
tissue paper hearts painted w/ Lumiere paint in Crimson; Portfolio Series water soluble oil pastels
and Faber-Castell Pitt Pen black size "S".

Now I know angels mean different things to different people so in this challenge I am asking that you create a piece of art depicting your angel be it your guardian or other.


 
So, get out those art supplies and get creating!
 
Be it a greeting card, a tag, a painted or collaged canvas or even an assemblage or sculpture... as always your imagination is your only limitation.




Submissions are due by noon (eastern time)
on December 2. Leave your link with Mr. Linky over at our blog Inspiration Avenue - we love seeing your creativity and the vastness of your imagination so please remember to link up to share your angels!
 

Please take a couple of minutes to pop over to Inspiration Avenue to see some of the challenge entries and perhaps even join in the fun. We love seeing your art and imaginative interpretations of our weekly challenge themes.

As always, thanks for popping by for a visit!
Hugs,
Beth

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
wow these are beautiful Elisabeth.

greetings akrin
Magpie said…
I love this theme, Beth! I'm working on my Angel blog post this afternoon.

I keep meaning to mention, and I usually forget: I LOVE the kitten rockin' out in your sidebar! lol! He's adorable!

I meant to say also ~ I love your angel painting. She's so serene.
ThePurplePlace said…
You have been very busy!!!

I really LOVE your wonderful angel projects and I'm also excited that Crafting By Designs has a nice new blog!!

Happy HOlidays to ALL!!
What a meaningful and deeply lovely theme for a creative challenge. This week, on a day when I didn't even realize how much I needed something like this, I received a small unexpected package in the mail from an online friend and instantly felt like I'd received a hug from an angel as I opened her caring, wonderful present. As we launch into December, I know that the topic of angels - wherever they may be - will be on my mind and in my heart, too.

♥ Jessica
Sanja said…
Love your angel work dear Beth :-)
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Have a lovely Christmas and New Year

Sanja xox
Heather Lynn said…
Love your inspirational angel photographs, Elizabeth!

Thank you so much for adding my Owl Hop button on your side bar! You are so very sweet!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
HL