Fall is just so tasty!

Hi Everyone, well, I was out and about wandering luciously too and fro from one gorgeous blog to another, including two very recent discoveries for me - Tumblr and IMGFave when I landed on this yummy recipe (oh, and of course there is a dessert recipe to follow), and fabulous blog called Jenny Steffens!  It was more than I could stand... easy, and everything in the recipe I actually liked! You really must pop over there and have a quality visit for yourselves.
 
I just get so inspired when fall arives! Today is an absolutely perfect fall day... the wind is gently blowing the dry leaves around in little swirls, the squirrels sound like giants coming toward the house as they trapse through the crips dry leaves, the sun is shining and it is 61 degrees! Perfection!!! Combined with these recipes I would call this a fabulous day!
 
Use less energy and smile your way through the weekend!
 
I will be trying these yummies tonight... how about you? 


 
creamy goat cheeseSquash Dip

2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
4 ounces of goat cheese, softened
3 green onions, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
1 small hubbard squash

Cut a hubbard squash in half. Place both pieces of the squash on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Leave one half to use as bowl. Scoop out 1/2 cup of flesh from the other piece of cooked squash. Mash it with a fork. Set aside.

In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, green onions, garlic, sea salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of cooked, mashed squash. Mix until combined. Spoon mixture into the ‘bowl’ piece of the squash. Place it on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

For the little crisps of bread for dipping - take one baguette and thinly slice. Place on a cookie sheet
and toast in the oven. While the toasts are still warm rub each piece with a piece of garlic...mmm, yum!



Oh, and of course we can't forget the dessert!



Raspberry & Blackberry Crostata
serves 4


1 large pie dough (hers is homemade, larger than a normal store-bought crust)
2 cups of blackberries
2 cups of raspberries
3/4 cup of sugar (or more to taste)
3 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon of orange juice
1 tablespoon of butter, cut into pieces
.......
1 egg
1 tablespoon of sugar

In a bowl, mix blackberries and raspberries with flour, sugar and orange juice.

Roll out pie dough into a 12-14 inch circle. Pile blackberries and raspberries into the center. Dot with butter. Fold up the sides of the dough. Create an egg wash by beating 1 egg, then brushing it on the pastry. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the dough. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes. (or until brown and the fruit is bubbling)

 
 
As always thanks for popping by for a visit...

Comments

Renee said…
You my friend are very bad for my waistline!!! This afternoon I went to exercise class & tonight I'm drooling over these recipes! I have to make something for a baby shower on Sunday & that goat cheese dip sounds yummy!
Hugs, Renee
lorik said…
I know I would just love that dip...but would have to leave out the garlic. I like garlic but it doesn't like me (bad headaches!). Nicely photographed too.
That dip has set my stomach a rumbling with hunger, let me tell you, dear Beth. It's being bookmarked right this very moment to be tried after the next time we go grocery shopping. Thank you very, very much for sharing this recipe (as well as the lovely fruit crostata one as well - my Italian born and raised hubby would adore it!).

♥ Jessica