A Day in the Life of a Christmas Bear...

Hi everyone! Hope all that celebrate Christmas had a joyful and happy holiday. Now we turn our thoughts toward a New Year, a new beginning with bright eyed dreams, goals and desires. This year has flown by or so it has seemed, I kind of lost track of things around July, and after that it just ended up being December ... and most of us can probably say the same thing! LOL! Ahhhh, so much art to create so little time. *sigh*

Speaking of art, today I am the featured designer over at Scrapbook Stamp Society. I used one of my favorite designers Morgan Fitzsimons and her cute little girl bear angel (Teddy BW 1) who is all dressed up in her finery, hmm, do angels have more than one outfit? Anyway I digress, well, actually how about I stop chattering away and just share my little angel bear card with you?

I made her into an easel card because I had never made one before - it really amazes me all the shapes one can make for greeting cards but so far this is one of the more eye-catching. Certainly lots of real estate for embellishing, which I need more practice with. I am dazzled by those cards out there, you know the ones, that have the perfect paper and all those lovely die-cuts and flowers and ribbons, and ... well you know what I mean. I think I have the most trouble figuring out a layout for the card, well then there is the color too... whew... card making is not for the meek! LOL!
 
And this is a close-up of my little bear. I worked with my new set of colored pencils Soho Urban Artist brand. Don't get me wrong, I love my Prisma colored pencils but this set has colors I don't have in my Prisma set, go figure. I have tried working with alcohol markers, I have the Spectrum Noir but I'm not too crazy about them because I find the tips to stiff. I much prefer the soft brush-like ends on the Copic Sketch but hey, those little buggers are expensive...
 
If you get the chance you should pop over to the shop at Scrapbook Stamp Society - there is a sale going on with a lot of the digi stamps on sale for $1.00 each. Some of the artists even have some special packages of 10 digi stamps for $5.00. Of course there is lots of other goodies in the shop so...
 
So, this is my little presentation for Scrapbook Stamp Society on this snowy,
snowy day here in New Hampshire.
 
As always, hugs and thanks for popping over for a visit
Beth
 

Comments

Denise said…
Beautiful !Congratulations, how wonderful for you :)
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is a gorgeous card Beth.

greetings karin
Pam said…
The angel bear is adorable! And great job on the easel card! It looks like it has enough embellishments to me!!