Fashion Show...

Hi Everyone! Well, the holiday season is now in full swing, almost at that panic point we are all too familiar with. How is it with a holiday season that encompasses so many different cultures with Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza and... that we all still seem to get caught short of time? LOL! I am voting for it's the perfectionist in all of us, :D  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL!

Lately I've been a bit low key - between arguing off and on with my computer, and my fibro acting up I have spent a lot of time just blog hopping on my laptop, especially at Pinterest! How we lived without Pinterest I will never know. Anyway, the other day I managed to get side tracked with something so darn cute that it has taken up much of my recent free time. What's that you ask... well, let me show you...


 
OK,  I just had to have this ! The quest began for a pattern. Now, although I can knit, I've never done cables and to be honest my crocheting skills are far superior so first decision made, pattern must be for a crocheted mug sweater! Much to my surprise there are a lot of patterns out there! Who knew?!
 
Now I am the proud owner of quite a few adorable patterns for all manner of styles of cup cozies...for keeping your beverage warm in the winter and to keep your hands warm and dry from those icy cold beverages in the summer 
 
"and down the runway first of the season is Beth's mug sporting a spiffy little variegated V-neck sweater in a soft color way of white-pale yellow-and a sensual blue with a turn up collar that can be worn up or down, buttoned or left un-buttoned for that sporty look that says I'm in for a care free evening!" 
 
 
 
Is this just the cat's pajamas?  V-neck sweater for your coffee or tea mug! I haven't put the button on yet because I'm still looking for the perfect one but how darn cute is this? I am going to be making lots of these cuties! OMG!!! Love, love, love it! Thank you to the pattern designer, Kim Miller over at www.ravelry.com

As always, hugs and thanks for popping by for a visit...
Beth

Comments

Michelle Hill said…
Well, how fun are these!?! Love them!
Pam said…
So stinkin cute Beth!!!!! I am definately going to check out that link!! These would make such cute gifts!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Bev said…
Luv em so cute hope u are feeling better ...
hugz bev
Diane ~ said…
Hi Beth! sympathies and gentle hug re your fibro... i know exactly how it feels and effects us. sometime i too just want to hole up and passively browse on line.

That aside, your post and pictures sure make me want a mug cozy! they're darling, and the mug of tea gets cold so quickly in the winter. i am going to have to one soon!

XO :)
Nancy McCarroll said…
Love that heart button on the top mug cozy. I will hop on over to Rav to see what you found.

Renee said…
These would make awesome little Christmas gifts...do I still have time to make them is the big question!!! (NO, is the answer!) Maybe next year. I haven't really figured out Pinterest yet...need Pinterest for Dummies!! LOL
Hope you feel better soon Beth!
Hugs, Renee
Terri said…
How fun! I love your little mug sweaters! You are so right, they are darn cute! Ravelry.com is a great place for patters. I love it when I find a project this fun too!
I am sorry your computer and fibro are acting up! Boo hoo! I hope both situations improve soon.
Hugs,
Terri
Hi my fellow fibro fighter, I'm sorry to hear that December has been a rough month for you on that front. Interestingly, I often find that the colder months are a lot easier on my fibro and many of my other conditions, too (I think my body likes the giant ice pack effect that Canadian winters offer up). It's the dog days of summer, weather wise, that often do the most damage to my body. Everyone is so different though, and it's such a shame that those of us who are chronically ill have to contend with the forces of nature wreaking havoc on our bodies, too (like we don't get enough flare-ups from other sources already!).

Fingers crossed that second half of December will be a better, less painful time for you and that you're able to have an absolutely marvelous Christmas celebration.

♥ Jessica