Shifting winds...

 

Hi Everyone! Just so you don't panic and wonder if you are at the right blog I thought I would make a short post today to let you know about the changes you are seeing. As with most things in my life there is an ebb and flow with all the media I work with. Sometimes I shift with the seasons other times mood directs the flow of my art and other times my muse takes charge. The newest change you are looking at is more directed by mood - I think.

I have worked with yarn since I was around 8 years old and even though there may be years in between my working with yarn I always seem to return with a renewed energy and desire to create better than before. Hence my crochet projects. I do knit as well but I have a greater comfort zone with crochet and lately there seems to be fabulous new stitch combinations and designs coming on the scene.

Jewelry is also something I have had a love affair with for a long time and recently I stumbled onto a few wonderful jewelry artist sites that got my juices stirring again for breaking out my beads and my torch.

How long will this mood last? Who knows? I do know that one of my words for the year is discipline as well as focus so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D

In the mean time, not our grandmothers' crochet...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
As always Hugs and thanks for popping by for a visit!
 
Beth


Comments

vicki said…
Elisabet - Your beautiful blog is loaded in for my Grow Your Blog party. I am looking forward to meeting you and to reading your special party post -- I hope you make lots of new friends and become a friend to many!
Vicki
liniecat said…
LOVE those bright hexis......and wow some stunning crochet featured.
Im a GYB visitor hiya!!
Terry said…
I'm in awe! I love your fantastic work! I love your town! I love how you decorate. We must be kindred spirits! I am a new follower. So glad we met.