Metamorphosis and Apologies...



Most of you know that I have been going through some sort of huge metamorphosis this year, abandoning many of my artsy/crafty interests
for a lot of new things, mostly the sheepy variety and even looking for a new look for the inside of my home (this warrants a whole post of its own)!   Whew, this is huge! 

What I hadn't considered was all my friends who began following me while I was still playing in mixed media and card making. I felt I needed to apologize to all of you who are still following me in spite of this huge direction shift and to thank you for sticking with me!

This new direction has taken me by as much surprise as it has you!  I do have to say though, nothing I have experimented with has ever given me the satisfaction and calmness that spinning and working with wool has!  But now onto the GARDENING thing...


Normally I consider myself as having a relatively green thumb but this year is proving to be a challenge, perhaps I'm being too impatient or expecting too much ... 

At least one positive happened today... you know I have been spending a lot of energy thinking about and researching those raised beds both my body and my garden so desperately need.  Pinterest to the rescue... hmmm, no surprise there I guess! LOL! As soon as I saw a picture of these raised beds I knew they were IT - by the way you can purchase the plans for $10 and believe me it is so worth it, and they couldn't be much easier to build - plus these beds have the advantage of being much taller than the normal "sitting-on-the-ground" type would be and way less expensive! sheesh, who knew? Thanks Melanie over at Raised Urban Gardens !!!

Now I just hope I can still find some veggie plants for the beds!!! YIKES!

Yes,  you caught me... I have also been playing around with the look and feel of my blog, again ... I seem to be one of those bloggers who gets bored with a particular look after a short time and off I go in search of something fresh... I've been in a yellow mood lately so of course it had to figure into my blog's appearance in some way... well who doesn't like polka dots... don't answer that... LOL!

I leave you with some summery thoughts...
















As always Hugs and thanks for popping by for a visit...

Beth

Comments

Nancy said…
It looks to me like you have a wonderful garden which will soon be sharing its bouncy with you.....

Love the rooster...
Pam said…
I like your change of direction! It's refreshing to follow a blog other than paper crafts, that share my same interests. Except maybe your spinning, don't think I'd be good at that!! Those tall raised beds look amazing!! Can't wait to see yours! :)
Oh Beth these photos are so gorgeous!!! I wish you all the luck in the world with your plants!!! I need some of those raised beds like that!!! Thank you for sharing the link...I'm going to be popping over there right now!!!
Jennifer Shelby said…
a new adventure in gardening! I love it!
I think all creative folks go through a great deal of metamorphoses in their lives ~ its just how we keep moving forward. It's like those dreams people sometimes have of our homes with extra rooms and hidden passages - there's always so much to learn about ourselves even when we think we've memorized every nook and cranny...and the same goes for our blogging friends too! I say embrace it!
Kristina said…
I love that last photo! Cute.
Quinn said…
Last year I bought a half-price 10'-long horse trough to use as a raised bed and had my most comfortable gardening experience in...ever! Your set-up looks even easier to deal with though, with the smaller boxes of soil. I'll have to think about that :)
africanaussie said…
my blog also took a turn lately - at first it was all about gardening, but now I have crafts, healthy living - whatever comes up! we are all multi-faceted and why shouldn't our blogs reflect that?
I'm so happy you stopped by Beth -- change is good and I applaud your efforts. xo
Well, I'm only a new follower and have enjoyed reading about your gardening and "sheepy" things ;) Are these photos of your own garden?! Amazing flower beds! That rooster looks quite proud of himself, but I like the laughing ladies in the background too. Wendy
Alica said…
I've always been intrigued by raised beds. They look so neat and tidy, as compared to the gardening style that I've always been used to. We just till up a spot at the edge of the field or meadow and go from there! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
wow this is really awesome. You have been one busy lady!