A Little Bit of Pink...

Well, I listened to all of  you about the issue of my fluffy chair for my studio.  Although the chair I showed in my last post was indeed cute and trendy...and inexpensive it really wasn't at all what I had in mind.  I was just getting discouraged with the crazy price tags I kept seeing and I had begun thinking about just surrendering. I have all of you to thank who weighed in with comments of getting what I really wanted and not to settle. 

All of a sudden a lite bulb went off in my head, realizing I had not yet checked out Craig's List.  Low and behold there was my little dream chair and in a color that only added to it's cuteness factor.  To make it an even sweeter deal it was being sold by a charity that uses ALL of the funds to go to a lecturing program to grade schools on staying safe from harm by strangers - although I didn't learn this part until we arrived at the storage facility where my chair was currently living. 

Wonder of wonder my perfect chair was actually out there... so DH said we should go over and look at it - over an hour away mind you but off we went...! When we arrived I didn't see the chair and panicked - they had this huge pink recliner - I am so not a recliner kind of gal - which they thought was the chair I was interested in.  No, no mine had tufted buttons and was pink velvet. They had to go all the way into the back of the storage unit to find it and as she came out into the light, well, it was love at first sight! I inspected her and was surprised to find she really looked almost brand new and I loved the pink velvet, which the photo does not do justice to.  I sat in her and realized much to my excitement that she was also a rocker!  This girl was coming home with me...

Being velvet those light spots you see in the photo are not wear but just the velvet brushed a different direction so the light reflected off when the picture was taken. She is in perfect condition, no stains or smells.
 
Now, ready for the best part?  She was $50.00!! Yup, fifty bucks and there was even a twin there... yes, two of them so I even had a choice as to which was the more perfect!  I tell you, I could just squeal with happiness and excitement!  I cannot thank all of you enough who weighed in and told me to get what I really wanted and loved... in essence not to settle!  You all ROCK and my heartfelt thanks!!!  Isn't our little blog sisterhood the best place?!
 
OK, now back to the studio to continue sifting and moving things around!
 

Comments

Michelle said…
Oh, I LOVE how this worked out for you! You didn't have room for twins?
Terry said…
When it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Congrats, lovely chair.
Nancy said…
I am so glad you found exactly what you wanted and at a good price to boot....I can't wait to see your redone studio.....

I have been working on mine too...No new furniture just rearranging and cleaning out....
Now if that isn't the coolest chair ever! You totally scored on this one Beth!!!! I had gotten a chair but it proved to be a bit too stinky when I brought it home! Great find!!!
Kristina said…
She looks great! I'm glad you found the perfect one.
Quinn said…
That worked out so well in every way!! Congrats on your cozy new chair. I love the color, and it looks comfortable enough to work OR dream in :)
Donna said…
Three cheers for you finding the chair that you wanted! And you can't beat the price either, LOL. Furniture is outrageously expensive these days.