Lacey Knitting Skills...


Well, I have to admit to struggling with what I thought was going to be relatively easy... my new lace weight shawl!  Apparently it is a whole new skill set working with feather light lace weight yarn and keeping one's stitches soft and airy... whew,
what was I thinking?!

I have ripped and knitted and ripped and knitted and ripped and ripped and ripped, well I've actually lost track of how many times I've had to rip and start all over but now I think I've got the idea of the pattern.  I've never worked with a chart before either so another learning curve there and although this last time of ripping at first I thought I had finally gotten it. Well, I did in one manner, I had gotten the rhythm and the soft and airy stitches finally but I'd been reading the chart all wrong so nothing left to do but rip again!

Since I don't have anything to show you on my progress at this point I thought I would just bring a few ideas to perhaps inspire some of you to try your hand at this lace weight thing! :D  And yes, I too am an enabler :D


 


Oh my gosh isn't the one on the left amazing, well, they are all amazing but the one on the left... yum!

Comments

Vicki Boster said…
Wow Beth- this sounds like a huge project. I love knitting with lace weight-- but it is tedious. I'm horrible at charts-- actually I try to avoid them-- but when I do use them I write it all out row by row.

The shawls in the photos are magnificent-- yours will be too! Can't wait to see it finished!
Vicki
Pam said…
Wow Beth, these are gorgeous examples of the lace!!! I hope you get yours figured out! I would be totally lost with a chart too, unless it looked like cross stitches!! :)
I like the one on the left too, they're all featured as though they are wings fanned out.
Good luck with knitting your shawl.
Judith
OH yes they are just beautiful! Good luck with it! You can do it!!!!
Jennifer Shelby said…
Gorgeous! Props to you too for sticking with it...I may have chucked it by now if I were you. I guess I have to work on my patience. It's going to be so beautiful - can't wait to see it!
Becca said…
Wow, the shawls look amazing. Well done for even being brave enough to take on the challenge. I wouldn't know where to start. Hope you have some success soon
KarinsArtScrap said…
wow this is gorgeous Elisabeth beautiful done, my compliments.

greetings karin
gilly said…
Keep at it and I'm sure once you get the hang of it, it'll be just as beautiful as these ones in the pics :-)
I'm in the midst of crocheting a lacy shawl too, so I can sympathise!
Happy Sunday
Xx
Sarah Jane said…
You have far more patience than me - I rip something twice and then give in lol!
Your shawl will be so stunning and special when it's finished!

Sarah x
Hello Beth,

Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and for your comments.
I hope your garden will go well and that you will enjoy your roses blooming.

All the best
Hélène
Hey Beth!!!! I couldn't find your email but you won my little giveaway!!! Can you email me your address so that I can send out your package??? Hope you are good lady!!! Nicole
Silke said…
OMG! I can't believe you made that! I am so impressed - I would be gung ho to start it, but then would probably not stick with it... Beautiful!! xoxo Silke
Great for you to keep on going!!! Hope that you will one day show us the result of this!