Pumpkin Spice what?

[source]
In my annual effort to be ahead of events rather than doing the OMGosh how did so and so holiday get here already I'm being proactive.  In that vein I was over at Pinterest looking for new and wonderful things and found this recipe from www.recipegirl.com that I just had to bring over here to share. If you get a chance you must check out her blog, the recipes are amazing!

Now, you have to be a coffee/espresso drinker and one who likes flavored caffeinated adventures to appreciate this recipe, or know someone that will get all glassy eyed when you mention the ingredients!

OK, here goes... since we must admit fall is just around the corner - I know, I know, we can whine all we want but that isn't going to stop it from being fall! Period!  So, I say, let's embrace all the really fabulous warm fuzzy feeling things we can think of to keep us going until the green leaves, songbirds and flowers return.
thank you RecipeGirl!!! You rock!
Do It Yourself version of Starbuck's
Pumpkin Spice Latte...
Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
2 tablespoons half & half cream
1 teaspoon granulated white sugar, or more to taste
whipped cream, optional
ground nutmeg
Directions:
1. In a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes- watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
2. Pour the pumpkin milk into a tall mug or glass. Add hot coffee. Pour in the cream. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired.
3. Optional, but oh so good... add whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately!
Yield: 1 drink

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 4 min
 

Tips:
*Feel free to lighten up the recipe by using nonfat milk and fat-free half & half. It won't be as rich, but it will still give you that yummy pumpkin latte flavor.
*If you don't have pumpkin pie spice in your collection of spices, make your own! Mix equal parts of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg- and measure from there.
Source: RecipeGirl.com
 

Comments

I would definitely like this as I anticipate each year the pumpkin coffee that Starbucks brings out. Our local country store starts making pumpkin fudge the first of September again too.
Judith
CATHY said…
I LOVE pumpkin ANYTHING!! and this is one of my favorites. This is on my list of MUST haves when I am back in the states for a visit next month. Starbucks here serves Red Bean + Green Tea Frappuccino OR Hojicha + Tea Jelly Frappuccino. I may have to do a post on this : ) Thanks for sharing.
Bead and Needle said…
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh - I am SO saving this! This is the latte I go for if I drop by Starbucks in the fall...I love you for this, this morning! Happy Wednesday - Tanya
Nancy said…
This certainly makes one thing of fall and all that entails...I don't drink coffee but it looks delicious and I know it smells heavenly...
shari said…
OMG! OMG! I have all those ingredients in my pantry....I know what I am having in the morning!!!!
Yes indeed!!
Oh, I would love this...especially for Fall! I could make it with Truvia, too! Thanks!