Spinach? Really?

Spinach ChipsIMG_4579
[source]

The Brooklyn Farm Girl is a great blog I recently found while out in blog-land looking for recipes  for healthy snacks that actually tasted like something you would want to snack on and voila!  (I love that word... don't you? I wish I could figure out how to make the little accent mark at the end of it). 
 
Anyway, here is one of those recipes, oh, and you should definitely check out this gals blog - she has a lot of nifty recipes that are good for you...
 
Baked Spinach Chips
 
Ingredients
1/2 pound Spinach leaves
2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Instructions:

  • Preheat your oven to 350
  • Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper
  • Place your spinach leaves in a bowl, add oil and massage so all leaves are coated
  • Lay the spinach leaves out on the parchment paper so they aren't touching each other (Depending on the size of your cookie sheets, you might have to do a few batches) Spinach ChipsIMG_4598
  • Sprinkle your seasoning on top of the spinach leaves
  • Bake for 8-16 minutes  - Watch them carefully as they will burn
  • Remove from oven when they are crispy
  • The bigger the leaves, the more time they will take
  • Let spinach chips cool down and then enjoy!
Thanks BrooklynFarmGirl!!!

Comments

Kristina said…
I have baked kale, and beets, but not spinach. That sounds good.
I've never made any vegetable chips myself but do buy them occasionally, and really like sweet potato chips. The spinach you made look tasty.
Judith
That sounds really good. I like Spinach cooked or even uncooked...it's delicious and so good for you! Hugs!
111 LaLa Lane said…
Oooh Beth, these look good. I've made kale chips before with a similar recipe. Girlfriend, let me tell you what happened the other day. I've heard that coconut oil is so good for you, so I bought some. I had been to the farmer's market about the same time and bought some fresh okra....so, I thought now's a good time to try the coconut oil. I proceeded to sauté my okra in the coconut oil. The end result? Just a little bit yuck. I don't really care for coconut flavored okra! HaHa! You live and learn.