Coffee and Chocolate oh my...

Just cruising through with a quick breakfast recipe for your enjoyment... 
Coffee Granola with Chocolate, Honey + Sea Salt
Adapted from
My Kitchen Affair
Yields about 4 ½ cups
3 cups rolled oats
½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ coffee concentrate* or triple strength coffee (I recommend FreshGround Roasting’s Market Blend or Mexico Oaxaca coffee)
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients except salt and mix well.
3. Pour mixture onto the baking sheet in a thin layer.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until granola is crispy, stirring 2-3 times throughout the baking process.
5. Remove from oven and top with sea salt to taste.
6. Let the granola cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and store until you’re ready to serve.
7. Serve with milk or Greek yogurt and top with additional honey.
If you are looking for more recipes like this check out Sarah and Tiffany's blog Offbeat and Inspired.

Comments

This sounds too decadent to be breakfast! I could eat something like this while watching a movie :) Thanks for sharing ... might just give this a whirl! Wendy x
Chrissie said…
Wow, now that's the way to start a day! Chrissie x
Crunchy, and healthy!
Judith
Renee said…
Sounds yummy!
Hugs, Renee
shari said…
Two things....first, my weakness is chocolate...I love you for this!! Saving for a raining day! and second...I 'Looooooove your new header'! It's perfect.
(sent you a private email)
Hugs, Shari
Storybook Woods said…
Yummm, I would so eat this. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I am pinning it !! Clarice
Diana Seal said…
Coffee Granola, sounds YummY!!! Love anything with coffee, definitely will try it out!!!
Thanks for sharing,
have a great weekend!
Diana
Oh goodness gracious does this look fantastic!!! I would love to make this for the beans....hope that my son is cleared of his tree nut allergy soon so that we can do walnuts again! I desperately miss them! Thank you for sharing...I am pinning for the future!!! Hope you are well friend!! All the best this weekend...your blog looks wonderful!!!
Far too decadent to be breakfast, surely ... but something I have to try! :D
Silke said…
Oh my, doesn't that sound amazingly wonderful and quite addictive... ;-) I'm going to have to make that one day! I hope you are doing really well!! xoxo Silke
111 LaLa Lane said…
This recipe sounds soooo good! I would definitely eat it with Greek yogurt. Toodles!
Donna said…
Sounds delicious! I've never made my own granola, but I think that I will sometime this winter!
I love granola, chocolate, and coffee, so this sounds amazing to me! I can't wait to try it. Love the photo - everything is so gorgeous!