Sewing is not a quilt...


I was just over visiting my favorite haunt on the planet, Pinterest of course! What on earth did we do before Pinterest? I know I for one have become quite a spoiled brat (grin), with my head filled to the brim with enough ideas for decorating and crafting to accommodate several lifetimes!!! Anyone second that? :D


Anywho... I know a lot of you are "real" sewers and lately I have been wanting to learn to sew more than my quilts.  I will share with you, I am so bad at sewing I have been known to staple the cuffs of my pants when they needed hemming! GASP! lol!!!

But I digress, I have fallen in love with the funky layered look of clothes with a mix of fabrics and most certainly lots of vintage lace but being a plus - plus size it is impossible, well, almost, to find anything in the affordable range in my size.


Light bulb moment - heck I thought if I learned to sew clothes I might be able to make some of those cute things myself... just maybe.  In that light I mosied over to Pinterest for some ideas/help and found this great page that has oodles and oodles of links to tutorials as well as to video tutorials on how to perform specific sewing tasks... such as....



  

 Or how about this nifty comforter cover? Drool....


Yeah, I know, everything has ruffles of some sort... I'm on one of those kicks right now it seems :D
Anyway, hope you will pop over to this Pinterest page because my photos from this link really don't do justice to the sheer breadth of fabulous links squirreled away on this one little ole' page!

Comments

Chrissie said…
Ah Beth, I'm with you on the sewing, I'm still very much a novice but would love to learn to sew more clothing (I'm only five feet tall so hemming is a given!). And funny - I have the pattern for that lovely sewing machine cover in your first pic, I've got as far as having all the supplies, sewing the patchwork strip...and it's still a WIP. One day! Chrissie x
I don't know what we did before Pinterest! I have spent many hours on there haha. So many creative ideas. I really like the patchwork look, too! Hope you can sew some neat clothes for yourself :)
Shari LeBlanc said…
WOW!!!!!! I love your new look.....this is awesome!!! You have been one busy girl, LOVE IT ALL!!
leeanne said…
life now is divided into BP and AP: before Pinterest and After Pinterest... Would love to make that machine cover...sigh, yet another item on the TO Do list. Hope your sewing trials go well. looking forward to seeing the end products!
Carolyn ♥ said…
Oh I'm on my way... my faraway daughter just asked me a couple of hours ago if I knew of any good sewing tutorials...I'll check it out! And BTW sweet friend... every time I come here the landscape is different. It's like you keep changing your bog's clothes. You're having way too much fun.
Quinn said…
Yes, Pinterest is a great tool for project planning and general inspiration! I was talking to a builder recently about an idea for a project, and within minutes I had my laptop open and we were both peering at my "new construction" board.
Pinterest can be addictive. I'd like to learn to sew, I have my granddaughter's sewing machine as the novelty wore off for her and I said I'd give it a go. Only thing is, she lost the manual and I'll have to get some help to learn how to use the machine. A good winter project.
I'll have a look at the link for help, thanks for sharing it Beth.
Have a good weekend.
Judith
Quinn said…
You may be able to find the manual online! Worth a try, anyway.
Tessa said…
Oh I'd love to sew-sew too. But in fact, I don't even have a sewing machine anymore. -sigh-

But I do get off-on-kicks. I know I do.

And I'd hate to spend the $$$ on a machine, and then run out of steam, to use it. -moan- So I'm still considering.

But meantime, I certainly did bookmark that site, with amazing tips. Thank you.

Tessa~
Donna said…
I can get lost on Pinterest for hours too, LOL! I heard someone say that it is like visual crack for women. Hahaha, too funny and true.