Surely you jest!



Ok, most of you know that I was severely bitten by the "everything wool bug" at the beginning of this year, including learning to spin my own yarns.  Yes, yes, it's going fine but I have something totally phenomenal to share with all you wooly sisters out there! What's that you say? 

Thanks to my dear blogging friend Shari over at  Gum Tree Lane I became intrigued by one of the blogs she follows called Mereknits, which you should checkout for yourselves by the way as Meredith does the most gorgeous knitting and weaving! Ok, ok, I'm getting to the point...  weaving!  Yep, your ears do not deceive you, the big "W"eaving!!!


Over the years I have periodically taken peeks at looms only to walk away thinking what a lot of work just to get set up to begin!!! Well, all of that changed for me this morning! After reading Meredith's post on something called continuous strand weaving. Yes, one post is all it took and I'm hooked completely - I MUST have one of these babies!  Now, how do I sneak in a 7 foot loom without too much flack from the Mr.?!  Yes, totally and utterly addicted to all things yarn!!!  Somehow I don't think I am alone though... :D




Happy Weaving!!!

Comments

That is so neat! And it looks really pretty. I love it!
Mereknits said…
I am so thrilled you found my blog and left me all those lovely comments, and here I pop into see you and see that you have mentioned me, well I don't even know what to say, you just made my day. I think you should order this loom right now! I really love it and it adjust to all different sizes so you can make a scarf, table runner and lots and lots of shawls. They are beautiful and really so much different than a knitted or crocheted shawl, the drape is much finer and they are lighter, using less yarn to complete. Let me know if you order it, I will help you if you need it.
Hugs to you my brand new blog friend,
Meredith
Chrissie said…
I love it! I can't wait to see what you do! Chrissie x
jengd said…
I'm not a wooly person, yarny one or anything like that but I have to say that I've never seen anything remotely like that. Very cool and GORGEOUS pieces she's making with it!
Acorn to Oak said…
Oh my gosh....I want one too! I've never seen this done on a rectangle. I've only seen the triangle ones. I've been able to resist the triangles knowing that I wouldn't want to wear the shawls that come off of them. But, this one, on the other hand, is totally awesome! I love the shape and look of it and it looks like lots of fun. So, did you get one? Is that yours in the bottom picture?
spinninglizzy said…
Oh dear, oh dear, I do not have one of these lovely triangular looms... Your scarf is gorgeous!
And, they talk about men and their toys! Looks like a neat thing Beth, hope you have fun creating with it.
Judith
Silke said…
Oooooo, how fun!! It looks like an easel for weavers! You know, I "had to" learn to weave in high school. We had to wash, card (is that the word?), then dye our sheep wool with natural dyes, then spin it with a drop spindle, then we had to build our own small-ish loom and THEN weave something artistic. I've never woven again, but I did take another spinning class at some point. And, like you, I am still addicted to anything yarn... Happy weaving!! xoxo Silke
I took a heddle weaving workshop just this last Friday ... sooooo much fun! You're going to have a ball!