A Letter to My Blogging Sisters


A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
I have been blogging since 2009 and have for the most part loved every minute of it.  Meeting friends from far away, and near; sharing everyday moments as well as the extraordinary events in our lives; help in tackling the daily challenges life presents, or something as simple as tackling a learning curve for some new crafty adventure; gaining insight and untold amounts of inspiration that we would otherwise never have had; moral support while going through some family crisis; these, and more are all gifts not to be forgotten or taken for granted as they have been the true gifts...; the coming together of this vast sisterhood filled with strangers yet somehow friends is the miracle of friendship!
As I am sure you have suspected from the tone of this "Letter to My Blogging Sisters" it has come a time in my life that I back off blogging some and get to the other tasks that I wish to accomplish in my lifetime. 
I will still be here visiting and reading all of your blogs... I may miss some posts but know that my thoughts are always with you.  I will still be posting here at Mossberry Cottage but just on a much less regular basis. 
I have all those new adventures that entered my life this year, processing my own wool and spinning my own yarns; improving my knitting skills'; the newer interest in weaving, and the latest addition to my repertoire of crafts of twining rug weaving.  I also still dabble in my whimsical ladies painting and have oh so many classes that I have paid for and downloaded but not yet gotten through...  
So, I will be around but not posting on any regular basis.  I hope you all understand and will still remain my blogging sisters... and who knows what fate the winds of time and change will bring...


Comments

Sweet sweet friend I will so miss you!!!! And when you do pop in for a bit I will be sure to stop in! I really understand your need to slow down...it is very hard to keep up with everything in life as it is...blogging takes up a lot of time. I have no idea how long I will continue for this very reason. All the best to you dear friend. I feel as though I know you! Isn't that crazy!!?! I wish you all the happiness in the world and hope that your time is filled with all things beautiful! Talk soon you!
KarinsArtScrap said…
Hope you can do all those things that you want too Beth.
I hope I see you ones in a while.
Have a great day.

gr karin
jengd said…
Well, at least you announced it. I've just pretty much ignored my blog (and crafting) this entire year. LOL! Hang in there lady! Keep us posted from time-to-time of what's going on with the unfortunate wackiness next door and how your yarn adventures are going! Happy extended holiday season!
Chrissie said…
I'm sorry to read this, but I completely understand - you have so much going on right on your doorstep that must take your attention. I wish you all the best as you focus on other things, and I do hope you find peace soon and give us all an update on your crafty adventures! Lots of love, Chrissie x
Michelle said…
I can relate on needing/wanting more time for other things, but for me, blogging (the photography and writing) is one of my enjoyable avocations. I post as the urge (or photo op) hits me, which isn't always daily. I'll enjoy your posts when they appear, and your comments on my blogs as well. Email any time you need to chat!
Quinn said…
Well, I'm glad you are just stepping back into your life a bit, rather than packing up, locking the door and leaving Blogtown! You've got the makings of many adventures ahead, exploring new and old interests, and that must be exciting! I mean, gosh, it feels exciting to ME, and they are not even my adventures!
I will really miss your regular posts but will be very happy to see new ones when you feel inclined to write them. And of course, I'll be very happy to see you any time you drop in at Comptonia. Wishing you all that you would wish yourself, Beth...
xoxoQ
Kristina said…
I completely understand. We'll see you when you have time.
My dear friend, you have so many creative talents that you can't let feeling an obligation to blog hold you back. Once a week, or once a month is fine by me, you'll always be on my Bloglovin' list so I'll know when you've posted something.
I'm glad you're not packing it in like some women have, "less is more" in many aspects of life.
Hugs,
Judith
Donna said…
Not a problem, sweetie! Life calls and you need to answer! It is hard work to regularly maintain a blog and we are all pulled this way and that, trying to maintain a happy medium. Best wishes to you in your creative endeavors! And please visit me whenever you have the inclination.
africanaussie said…
You are still on my list and so I will see whenever you post. It should be something you want to do, not a burden. Enjoy your new adventures.
Pam said…
Enjoy your time with your spinning wheels, and knitting boards! If only I had the patience!! Change is a good thing, so there's nothing wrong with taking a break! Enjoy yourself!!
gilly said…
You will be missed, sweet friend. Take care of you and I look forward to you popping up from time to time. Have fun in your adventures, and I wish you much joy & many blessings, always.
Love & hugs, Gilly xxx
Tessa~ said…
Yes my Dear, we understand. Please take all the time necessary, to make you feel right with your life. Live each day, the way your own "Insides" tell you , is best. I wish you the best!

Yes, I will miss you! Having just gotten to know you, and feel you are a friend.

But I wouldn't be a friend, if I begrudged you, time to follow your own heart.

Be well.... Be happy... Be peaceful... Be fulfilled...

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~
Carolyn ♥ said…
Sweet Beth... you have so many talents to share... so much to give. Pursue the paths that bring you joy. "Besides, you have oodles of friends... like me! Who think of you warmly and frequently. Friends who love you, friends who care, whether your skies are cloudy or fair." Got you in my BlogLovin' dear friend... just put up a post, and I'll be there. Friends Forever. :)
Renee Butchart said…
Wherever life takes you Beth, be happy & follow your heart....your buddies will be here when you need us!
Hugs, Renee
Of course we will be here! That's what blogging sisters do!!!!!I am so excited for your new endeavors! Stay happy and continue on with joy in your heart!
Shari LeBlanc said…
Oh my sweet friend, I will so miss you but I truly understand. A little time out does a person good to just sit back and focus on more important things in life other than blogging. I know I did not too long ago. I wish you all the best and when the time is right, I'll still be around. Even if you want to just say hello in an email every now and then, please do so....I would love to still hear from you.
Keep well and I wish you happiness!
xx Shari!
Storybook Woods said…
I think anyone who has been blogging for a while, needs a break now and then. The joys of blogging, blogs take a lot of time but then you need to be doing something other than blogging to post about. Take you time, have fun, refresh and we will be here when you come back Beth. Clarice
I am sad that so soon after I discovered you you are gone, if not gone completely. That said I totally understand. Be happy buddy x
Jennifer Shelby said…
I know the feeling! Quite unintentionally blogging has not had much attention these days, there's just so much going on! Always follow your heart
Best of luck in all your new endeavors and continued successes with your new ones... =)
blessings ~ tanna
Nancy Claeys said…
It's the time of year where we all get pulled into many different directions! Enjoy. xo