Change...

 



Note that this is not another whining logging story... please read on

We all know that the only constant in life is "change."  In that spirit and with all the change having recently occurred in my life I felt it was time for Mossberry Cottage to become something more as well.

As you all know, the logging that occurred here this fall has completely transformed my home into something other than it was. So much so that we will be moving at first chance.  In that light, really, Mossberry Cottage no longer exists; a metamorphosis having occurred it is only fitting that my blog follow suit. 

As a phoenix out of the ashes I have become something more, me but a different evolved me. It was a painful growth but a very significant one in that an entire new book has begun. Battling fibromyalgia I have made significant changes in my diet, attitude and fortitude. Finally I have emerged into my new wings. 

I give you the last shots of what currently exists of the little forest that once was, and that will be that. Then... the new beginning!  I hope all of you will wish to stay with me but with such a significant change many may not, and I understand completely, perhaps one day we shall find one another again. Friends come and go, some stay for a brief moment while others are there for longer periods, and a very small special handful remain for life... this is the way of our existence...

 
 
 
 
    


My woolly interests remain and will continue to be shared as well as many of my other arty interests that are slowly returning to their rightful place amongst my diverse being...  I give you the first
installment of "Few Words"

 


 

Early morning thoughts...

Comments

Shari LeBlanc said…
There is no one better than me who understands this completely! I love the new name and don't worry about your followers, I am sure they will still follow such a lovely person as yourself no matter what you call your blog! I know in my heart, I will miss Mossberry Cottage too!!
Hugs to you Shari!!!
So true about the moving tides of life and the people that float in and out of our experiences. I needed this piece of beauty today. And with your change I hope that something new and beautiful comes to you just like this new blog! All the best this weekend friend! Always Nicole
Mereknits said…
We all go through change, maybe not as startling as the one that has played out before your eyes, but change is ever present whether we like it or not. I am sticking with you, every step of the way, and I am sure everyone else will too. We love you any way we can get you.
Hugs,
Meredith
Storybook Woods said…
Change is good, change is exciting. New possibilities around the corner. Cannot wait to hear all the new things happening. Clarice
Pam said…
Change is always good, even though it's hard to do. I'll still be here to see what's going on with you!
Michelle said…
I love your words, and that last photo; both make me wish to be able to teleport myself there to sit awhile with you, perhaps spinning together, or you giving me a wire-wrapping lesson....
gilly said…
"Change is as good as a holiday" - and I love holidays! Have fun adventuring in your new bloggy space and I look forward to following along. Happy Sunday,
Hugs xx
Good morning Beth
Like our gardens, our lives are constantly evolving and not always the way we might hope for. Change is good although I am sorry you will move from a home you've loved. And you're right about bloggy friends, they come and go and for various reasons.
We may not have the same crafting interests in common, but I've always enjoyed our visits because of your personality that shines through.
I'll change your blog name in Bloglovin so we stay connected and I'm looking forward to what you have to share on Few Words.
Hugs,
Beth, oh my goodness they have ravaged those woods, I can totally understand your wanting to move on.

Change is good, although not always welcome.

Jen
Jennifer Shelby said…
I don't blame you at all for moving...such a heartbreaking thing. I hope you find a place that captures your heart as much as this once did...
Kristina said…
The sun coming through the window is warming to the sight.
Nancy said…
Beth, I am so feeling your pain and am also so incredibly proud that you have chosen to take life by the horns and make it into something more beautiful. (And your blog? Even more beautiful, too! I kinda did a double-take, wondering where I was.) Fly, girl, fly! Courage!
Tessa~ said…
I figured it out! I am no longer confused, as I was, in my last comment! -grin-

Oh and I am sooooo happy to find others, who have felt the need of changing their blogging name! So happy to have. I'm not alone.

And your blog here is beautiful. And unique, in how you set it up. Lovely. So glad to have figured it all out. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Quinn said…
I'm catching up, Beth, and am just very happy to hear that you have emerged into a new state that still includes some form of blogging :)
I would be very interested to read more about your lifestyle approach to dealing with pain, should you ever feel like writing about this. But subject aside, I suppose it depends on just how "few" your words will be in future...and I will look forward to your photographs as much as your words. :)
Donna said…
Oh, I love new beginnings! It's an adventure...