A New Girl...

My knitting and crocheting have been sidelined for the last couple of weeks and my paints have made a sudden re-appearance.  Not that I would ever presume to have control over such factors, my muse being in complete control, LOL!  My muse, Ellie, just appears out of nowhere and poof, I have a paintbrush in my hand, or poof, my knitting needles are back - you see she is quite a fickle muse. 

So, in the effort of trying to get some FO's out of my studio I went back to a drawing/painting I had begun earlier this year but stopped when she told me she wasn't sure what she wanted to look like... well, what else could I do but put her aside and pick up another project?!  Well, I just finished her a couple of days ago and thought you might enjoy meeting her...

 
I hope you all are making progress with your holiday shopping and preparations - just remember, don't get crazy as it all gets done in the end. Just "breathe, breathe, breathe"!

Comments

I don't know how you can juggle so many crafts at once Beth. I'm not an artsy person so I hope saying 'the girl' is nice will suffice.
Judith
Ha! So true about the holiday panic!!!! And I just love her Beth! She is intriguing and beautiful! You are so gifted with the brush!!! I'm glad you picked it back up because you have inspired me!
Shari LeBlanc said…
I agree with Nicole....you are gifted with the brush----she's beautiful! Loving the new blog decorating you have been doing around here....you will never guess what I've been up to. I'll send you a private email soon!
Happy Holidays
xo Shari
Tessa~ said…
She is quite lovely.... Look at those limpid eyes. And the hair, in a form of braids...

Hmmmmm, to me, she gives a bit of a 'Snow White' feeling...

:-)
Pam said…
Awesome painting!! Glad to 'meet' her!! She's lovely!
Mereknits said…
I think the wait was worth it, she is exquisite. You are a very talented artist in many different mediums.
Hugs,
Meredith
Donna said…
OMG, she is lovely! You've got some real talent there!
Such incredible eyes there!
Monica Zúñiga said…
Keep on ainting sweetie! It`s awesome! ;D Ho and Merry christmas! xoxoxo! Moni.