A Pinterest Kind of Day ...

OK, I didn't intend on even going over to Pinterest today, and actually I don't even remember how I ended up over there at this point.  However, I must say I have made some really great finds...

I started out in wool felting, which by the way, I have not yet embarked upon... LOL! and somehow I ended up looking for sewing sites to help with making one's own clothes in the unique Lagenlook (Layered Look) style.  Now being quite pudgy at this point in my life I just don't have that warm fuzzy relationship with my clothes that I once had... but wait... with this particular look, layered, one can hide a multitude of sins and still look "cool"!  If only I knew how to sew clothes, and gasp, alter clothes into a whole new look... thus my quest began...







Kati Koos ~ November 2012 Newsletter





 





Now to figure out how to make my own patterns to make some of these cutie outfits... why didn't I pay more attention to home ec in school?! LOL!  Yeah, I know, like I need to add more things to my already burgeoning list of interests... *sigh* will I never learn?!

Then, if I wasn't already sliding down that slippery slope of information overload but wanting to do everything new I saw... quilting....

and a little something for all you quilty gals out there...  remember bargello needlepoint? Well, now you can use it in a quilt...


I guess I'll save the felting for another day... :D

Comments

I just love those beautiful looks!!! Layered with such gorgeous colors!!! So cool indeed lady!!! Keep these coming...I would even love to make outfits like these for my girls! Way too awesome! I hope that you are staying cozy and warm!!!
Kristina said…
I love the 4th one down. So pretty and comfy looking.
Tessa~ said…
"Now being quite pudgy at this point in my life I just don't have that warm fuzzy relationship with my clothes that I once had... but wait... with this....... "

Ohhhh giggggles, I love you Gal! You can state (hard, cold) facts, in the sweetest way! That me! Way tooooooooo round-in-all-the-wrong-places! And I need to go way back, to remember when I was happppppppppppy with clothes.

And I relate to your wish that one could sew one's own clothing! -sigh- Don't even have the sewing machine now though. You are ahead of me, 'cause I think you have a machine!!!!!!!!! -grin-

Oh and I'd like an over-dress made of the adorable brown and white squares, in your new Background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ("Over-dress" ... What used to be referred to as a "jumper".... Full length but no sleeves.... You wore a blouse/turtle-neck top, under it.... Like the 2 beautiful green dresses, you show.)
Tessa~ said…
Don't you just love it, when you read a post, and want to clap your hands?!? Because you see yourself, in much of what was posted?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna said…
Haha, I can get lost on Pinterest too. I go down all these "rabbit trails" and never know where I'll end up! Glad you got inspired.
Mereknits said…
I see you getting into so trouble very soon in your future, sewing, felting, weaving...where does it stop?
hugs,
Meredith
This is my kind of look! Do you know Gudrun Sjoden's clothes (think I've spelt that correctly) ... they're Scandinavian but available in the US. I think you might like them :D
111 LaLa Lane said…
Great find! I love the look. I'm sort of like you in that I have such a long list of things I want to try. Where oh where do I begin? If you have any words of wisdom in that area, I'm all ears. LOL!