WOYWW 286


Very short post today. It's my birthday and I was oddly motivated to clean my desk in order to get ready for the next project on my list. To make up for the boring view of my desk I thought I would entertain you with the current snow storm we are experiencing. Enjoy and see you all next week at Julia's WOYWW!  I might be late visiting everyone as our power keeps flickering due to the heavy wet snow so we may lose power... *sigh* such is a country life... but hey, somebody has to do it :D

 
Wide view of my main work desk top.  I have two other work spaces that are stations for my die cutting and the other is for my book binding.  A full tour will be coming in January when I participate in the Grow Your Blog Party on January 25th over at Vicki's "2 Bags Full" blog.

A little better view of my recent project of storage on a turntable.  Since my last post I decided to elevate it so I decorated another can and glued it to the underside of the turntable.  Now
I have some space underneath to tuck things out of the way and my tools in the cans on the turntable are at eye level so they are easier to find and reach.


It is really pretty to look out at the falling snow from my desk... this I must admit is one
of the perks of having two windows in my studio... 
I can watch the seasons change as they inspire me to create

My new Cricut Explore, which I have no clue how to use as of yet! :D

OK, Ready for some snow? I would add to this that at 10:00 a.m. this morning not a single
snowflake was on the ground!  It's now 2:30 p.m.  We don't mess around here in New England! LOL!

This is the view right out of my front door and left.

My poor copper kitty, look at those frozen whiskers... brrrrrrrrrr


OK, so guiltily you can see I hadn't gotten around to cleaning up the garden... maybe
I will get a reprieve and this batch of snow will melt so I can scoot in and
do a fast clean up, and get my precious ceramic pots indoors before 
they crack out in the snow and cold

Yes Louise, those are falling snowflakes!



Comments

gilly said…
Happy Birthday, lovely friend! Wow that's a lot of snow, but your creative space looks so pretty & cosy. Wishing you a day filled with love & blessings. Hugs xx
Have a lovewly warm time on your birthday.Your snow photos are quite Magical to me. We don't get snow where I live, so scenes like this are wonderful.Bet it isn't such fun to live thru though. Love your whimsical blog background and desk.
Judy #11
fairy thoughts said…
Hi Beth... firstly.... happy birthday, I hope you had a great day even if you had to stay indoors looking at that beautiful scene outside.
secondly thanks for being my latest follower and visiting me in my little grotto.
Hope the snow goes soon and you can get out again .... even though it probably means you get more crafting done lol
janet #20
April Story said…
Your snow pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. April #71
jill said…
Belated birthday wishes Beth & Happy thankgiving to you also. Sorry for being late this week . What lovely finished project ,, the storage tins . Happy woyww Jill #10
Shari said…
Well, Happy Birthday Lady! So sorry I've been away, I have missed a lot here. Things are looking really nice around your space. My, look at all that snow! It's so pretty. When they say snow....they mean snow don't they!
Take care
Shari
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a gorgeous layout you have Beth.
and already snow sorry but I'm glad it's there and not here.

your photo's are looking fab


Gr Karin
Mereknits said…
HAppy Birthday to you! Love your cozy pictures and that gorgeous snow.
Hugs,
Meredith
Lisca Meijer said…
Belated happy birthday. Hope you had a lovely day in spite of the cold weather.
The photos of the snow are so pretty. What a view you have! I live in southern Spain and we get snow sometimes because of our altitude, but not like you do.
Thanks for letting me look over your shoulder,
Sorry I'm a bit late but I always take my time and I love to look and read, click on links etc and that sometimes takes me all week!
Have a good one,
Lisca#24
505whimsygirl said…
Hi Beth,

Happy birthday! It's nice having a window to look out while crafting. Do I see that window is cracked open a bit?

We could use some of the snow that you've gotten.

I've had my Thanksgiving meal so it was a perfect time to visit desks - either that or take a nap!!

Happy belated WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay (21)
Chrysalis said…
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Your room and desk are delightful, and the view looks lovely and seasonal (but I'm glad I don't have to venture out in it!) Stay safe and warm, and happy crafting. Hugs, Chris # 8
Jules Woolford said…
Wishing you a very Happy belated Birthday and hoping you keep nice and snug.
Pam said…
Happy Belated Birthday Beth!! Hope you had a good one! The pics of the snow are so pretty!! Hope you are surviving the storm, looks like a whole lot of snow fell!
Wow, lovely snowscapes! I love your turn table - it looks very practical. So, it looks like I wasn't the only one who felt the urge to tidy up my desk! Thanks for your visit to my blog! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkDoodle
Happy Belated Birthday! I love the classic decor in your studio, and that view is breathe taking. Stay warm and Blessings!
What a well behaved blog, Beth, I have had a run of those Google + ones and they are really no-go aren't they?...
Happy belate birthday too. :D


Mm, one thing that puzzles me, nay two:
1. do you really have your first window open in blizzards? surely looks like it .. as does not looked shut..
2. do you really have no blinds or curtains on your windows? to keep the warmth in at night and so you dont see the blackness outside..
That puzzles me having not curtains or blinds (like you always see in the movies when something dramatic is about to happen at night :D) as seems contrary to keep heat in cold out.

Love the views thought stunning! hope you rescue your pots :D Shaz in Oz.x #12
Lunch Lady Jan said…
Firstly, I'd like to wish you a (belated) Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day and got spoiled rotten. 60 is the new 40, so go out there and enjoy it all! I'm not that far behind you and I'm getting naughtier by the day ;-)
Amazing snow scenes...especially as all that fell in such a short space of time! You obviously live somewhere very rural, it's so beautiful.
Thanks for dropping by my blog :-) I'm working on more mysteries this week!
Hugs, LLJ 25 xx
Thank you for popping back to my blog Beth to tell me about your experience with LifeBook. I am now seriously considering signing up. It would be a nice Christmas present to myself - I can't count on my hubby for that, LOL. In fact, I'll probably have to keep it secret from him, sssh. Thanks again, I appreciate your feedback!
Neet said…
First of all belated birthday greetings. Secondly, although I do not like snow (travelling in a car in it here in the UK) I do adore your pictures. Gosh, that fell quickly. What a wonderful part of the world you live in.
Love your tiered storage - brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx
Annie said…
Hi Beth, Firstly thanks for calling by at mine and for your lovely comments. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. What a snow storm you've had...such a thick covering for such a few hours....you really don't do things by halves do you?
Hugs,
Annie x
Anne said…
Hi Belated Birthday Greetings. many thanks for popping by- sorry I missed you but was away at my mum's.Love your workspace and the snow - I love snow :-) Anne x 32
Shoshi said…
Happy birthday, and what lovely snowy photos. I love your turntable.

Thanks for you enthusiastic comment on my blog - so glad you like my album and my tiger pages! I've been busy this week doing some more pages too.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #33