Here Mousie, Mousie...

My new storage containers finally arrived and now the real work begins in the studio.  I thought you might like a few pictures rather than my whining words, :D


As you can see on the left wall is where all my fabric was stored and some of the damage has been going on.  I am having to pull out all those plastic drawer storage units and will be replacing them all with new plastic bins with snap shut lids.  I still have to pull out the last unit on the end at the back and check that fabric.  I couldn't get the drawers fully open to inspect because that unit butts up against the unit hidden by my pink fluffy chair that sits under my desk on the back wall.  The two small pink units will stay for support of the desktop.  Luckily they hold paints, inks, stamp pads and such so the mice haven't been interested, yet anyway!



You can see some of my new storage bins there on the left, the ones with the green lids.  The mess to the right and back is all the drawers of fabric I pulled out so far and either have thrown the contents away as too damaged and the rest are alright and waiting to be re-organized into their new "green" homes!  The drawers were nice and neet stacked on top of one another but I needed something at the back of my studio and I knocked them over.  Too tired to re-stack them and I have to re-inspect them before moving them to their new storage anyway, so.......



That's my work desk on the back wall of my studio piled with stuff from some of my yarn drawers and things from my work desk at the front of the room.  I at first thought I would move that desk to the left wall but since have changed my mind so that is one less task of moving heavy stuff!  You can see boxes of yarn all over the place that came out from storage drawers on the right wall.  Everything is wrapped in flimsy plastic bags right now... I figured something was better than nothing for the short term while I awaited the new containers.


Here you can see the white cubical storage units I installed this past summer.  Luckily they don't contain too many things mice are interested in so so far no issues on the right wall, except they did get into one of the little open cubbies that holds my leather pieces for jewelry making.  The only thing they did in that bin however was to store stolen cat crunchies from my kitty's bowl, which left oil marks on pieces of the lighter leather... (sigh)  Oh well, I will just dye those pieces and that should do the trick, I hope!


And, last but not least - those gray and white cubes on the right in the closet hold all of my yarn.  They are having to be replaced as well.  I cleaned them out of mouse damaged yarn and wrapped everything temporarily in plastic bags, which I know isn't much of a deterrent so I will pull them all out once I get the rest of the studio back in order and put my yarn in new containers as well.
Whew, I'm tired already!!
Today is the big day so I am off to start vacuuming up mouse mess and restoring my studio and what's left of my fabric and yarn.

Next installment will be all the closets in the house... eeek!

Comments

Lou Anne Hazel said…
Wow! It looks like you've been busy. I love the pictures of your studio space with the reorganization going on.
Oh so much work and annoyance for you! So unfair. I hope that all will be wonderful when you are done and that there will not be any more incidents! xx
Pam said…
That does look like a lot of work to do for such a little creature to wreck your stuff. We have a pet guinea pig, and he'll chew through anything. I'd hate to have him get loose in the house!! I wouldn't be very happy!
I have no doubt that you will get this all squared away! Those bins will keep those rascals out!!! We had a mice issue for a bit and then we found our source....the shed out back and things have been better...finally!!!! Good luck and let us know how it all goes friend and thank you for your email about my computer....it is finally fixed! 340 dollars later! Happy weekend! Nicole xo
Jules Woolford said…
I think you have had Ninja mice! I hope all goes well with your new storage and I'm glad it didn't put you off using the little sewing mousie gif!
Joanne Wilson said…
Good luck, you have so much to do, I hope you get through it quickly. I keep my yarn, fabrics etc in sealed plastic boxes. Not pretty to look at but effective. x
Mereknits said…
Not a fun day that is for sure, those darn mice! Hopefully you can get it all put back together and organized, you will feel so great when it is all done.
Meredith
KarinsArtScrap said…
you are busy for a while Beth lot to do.
let me see pictures when you are ready.
have fun [ lol ].

Gr Karin
Alison said…
What a lot of work those mice have caused you. Hope you get all straight and sorted again soon Beth xx
Eliza said…
Wow you really do have your work cut out for you and it will be a relief knowing your supplies are all protected. Where are you going to store the drawers that are going out of that space? hopefully you keep them for your art supplies that the mouse wont eat. I will be back for an update later. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda
Lupe Meter said…
Hello Elizabeth! Glad to meet you here on the "Grow Your Blog Party"! What a lovely tour of your place and studio! What an awesome sewing machine...a beauty! I think I remember visiting your blog before because I remember seeing those wonderful little gingerbread houses you posted awhile ago! :) Love seeing your creations! Not sure if I became a follower when I first stopped by your blog, but I am now! Please include me in your drawing. If you have an opportunity please visit me at my blog: http://gesmpccorner.blogspot.com (email address for drawing is gemmeter12@gmail.com)
Jeanne said…
My goodness it looks to me as if you have your work cut out for you here. Love those new green storage bins. bet you were really upset having damage to so many things. We had mice get in to t he engine of our car and they ate ALL of the wiring, so I can empathize with you... although much worse having your craft stuff damaged.
Your little haven will look wonderful once everything has been put into its place. Hope to see it soon!