WOYWW # 297

If you have been a follower of my blog or popped by on occasion you will recall my "mouse" issue in my studio.  Well, the last pieces of new storage arrived late last week and I did manage to put them together and get them moved into the studio but that is about all I've managed.

Sorry for being so late on my post for this week but I had some serious kitty issues earlier that required my full attention... but that is for another time, suffice it to say all is well now!  If you are new to my blog and/or don't know what WOYWW is please pop over to Julia's blog "Stamping Ground" for all the skinny on this fun weekly blog hop, or more properly said, weekly desk hop!

Yesterday, I finally had some energy and dismantled one of my desk tops and moved all my crates of books out of the way.  I also moved the first piece of new storage furniture into its new home, almost. Much to my dismay the adjacent desk, which is covered in stuff moved from other spots in the room is of course in the way of me getting the new piece angled properly by 2 inches!  Grrrr, lol!

I'm hoping for a couple of days relief from my fibromyalgia where I can work all out and get my studio back into action!  I'm seriously going through crafting withdrawal!!!  Anyway, in the pictures below you can get a general idea of the state of my work space.  On the left at the back of the room you can just see one of my 2 new units (white cubical) that will be used to brace up both of my desktops, which are two 6 foot x 2 foot lovely birch boards that I stained with a golden oak color. The green lidded clear containers are homes for all of my fabric and yarn that the mice didn't damage.

Hopefully, soon I will have a new reveal to show on WOYWW... stay tuned...


A wider angle of the same disaster...LOL!  Amazing what a few tiny little creatures can cause...


Comments

kilnfiredart said…
I know how mice can cause havoc, we had them in the loft. But on the bright side it makes you have a good clear out and get organised.You will enjoy getting back to crafting soon.
Jill #44
StampinCarol said…
Oh my gosh! You certainly are in a pickle! But then think of how nice it will be when everything is in its place! Hope you get to feeling better soon, too!
Carol N #57
It's gonna be amazing and very useful when all set up! Funny how you have kitty issues following the mouse issue! If kitty had done its job in the first place, there wouldn't have been a mouse issue! Hope kitty's doing OK though. Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting and calling me your crafting sister, awww! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle
Fil said…
You poor thing ... what a mess those creatures can make ... On the bright side, look at all those lovely new storage things waiting to be filled ... I'm a total anorak about boxes and storage :)
Fil @ Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories
Kristina said…
We've had mice in the house before too, but thankfully our cats are good mousers. Your studio will be so organized when you are done.
Lindart said…
Thank you for visiting my site, and for the lovely comments about my mother's art, which I have sent along to her.
I can empathize about mouse issues, in the school where I taught for many years there were mice in the storage room, we had to sanitize everything we took out of it! It was always heartbreaking when I had my mind on something to find it was chewed to pieces by the little varmints. You look like you have a big job ahead of you, but I am looking forward to seeing the results! The plans sound awesome! Thanks again, Lindart @60
Mereknits said…
I hope you can get it all sorted soon, I don't do well when things are disorganized and I don't think you do either. Sending you a hug,
Meredith
Oh those little critters! What a lot of work they are making for you. It will be wonderful when it is done, just hold on to that thought! xx
Julia Dunnit said…
Oh your new units are pretty - the white will work so well for a studio space. And good luck, I know the Fm w mayhold you up, but be patient, it will be worth it!
Tocoart said…
I recently swapped my craft room round and I spent many hours just standing in the middle wondering where on earth all this stuff had come from and what I was going to do with it. I ended up chucking 2 binbags of unfinished "stuff"
good luck xx

funnily enough I had mice a few years ago, I also have 10 cats. Not sure how that works!
CatieAn said…
I hate having my RSD ruin my plans hope you are feeling better and who doesn't love a newly rearranged and organized studio?