Five on Friday...

Wow, it's been quite a long time since I last participated in "Five on Friday", and it feels good to be back!  Right now I am in hyper-gardener mode as planting time is just arriving here in New Hampshire.  A lot is going on in my garden as well as in my head so today's theme for participating in Amy's "Five on Friday" meme is just going to have to be garden themed.  I'm a day late so please forgive me and I do hope some of you still manage to make it over to say hi once again and rekindle out friendships... In case you don't know about "Five on Friday" please pop over to Amy's blog and read all about it... and join in the fun!! So anyway, here we go...

My Five things this week are:

  1. gardens
  2. garden gates
  3. bird baths and houses and feeders (okay, that really is three things but what's a girl to do?) :D
  4. flowers
  5. garden whimsy


(P.S.) thank you Pinterest today for all of the lovely dream gardenscapes

This is what I would like my garden to resemble in the front of the house... someday.


 No my actual house does not look like this... this is my house below. Can't you just see that arbor and fencing and flowers in front of my house?! 
Please pardon all the work in progress...


Oh dear, me oh my, do I want a white arbor, a red arbor with a green gate or perhaps 
a red gate and a white arbor? Do I really want a gate?  Hmmm.  



Well, since I have a red front door I suppose the best would be a red arbor with a green gate - it would fit perfectly with my converted barn home...


Then of course there are the little things to inject a little whimsy into the garden... all gardens I think should exhibit a little bit of whimsy.  How about this fountain that does not require either water or electricity to run the pump?  There is a tutorial for this that you should really check out.



Now this bird feeder is just screaming for me to make several for my barn garden... 


or perhaps one of the following examples.  Thank goodness for creative minds... :D


The birds of course need somewhere to hang their "Home Sweet Home" sign

Pretty Rose-covered birdhouse

And how cool is this?  A burlap bag instead of a felted knitted bag, fill it with soil and flowers and voila'!! Hmmm, only, what door knob would I hang it from?


And, isn't this the cutest thing?  It's made with a rusty old tea kettle and yes, 
there is a tutorial to make it here

Instructions for making a tea pot fountain.

A few birdbaths around the garden are always nice tucked in between the flowers ( I have a secret love affair going with brick at the moment)

Great use of leftover old bricks.... just stack them up and lay piece of wood on top and then lay a saucer on top. Great weekend project.

I certainly have places in the back yard to tuck beauties like these - 
on my old stone wall would be perfect but this is definitely not on this year's list... hmmm, is it?

Moss Phlox (Phlox subulata) is a richly flowering, clump-forming phlox that stays green in both summer and winter. In spring these plants produce innumerable crimson and white flowers that attract butterflies. These Phlox like to be planted in full sunshine.

Oh and what's a country garden without a swing? I'm sure I have a pinned tutorial on making a backyard swing...

~ Swings ~

This would look so lovely as a side entrance to the garden, 
okay minus the palm tree in the back right corner as we haven't had palm trees probably since the Jurassic period

Mille Fleurs, Guerns Beautiful gorgeous pretty flowers

Oh my gosh, this would be so great in between two raised beds to add vertical growing space!!!

SMALL PROPERTY HOMESTEADING

And, and, and... well as you can see I have a really good case of gardening fever!

Thanks for popping by for a quick visit...

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Wow, you have created such a beautiful garden in your dreams. I certainly hope it all comes true, there were so many elements that I loved too, the burlap bag was a real delight. You certainly got me thinking. Thank you for your visit and hope you have a lovely weekend.
KarinsArtScrap said…
Well I hope you get your dream garden Beth.
Gr Karin
Oh goodness me!!! These shots are amazing!! And let me tell you that you have the perfect house for this garden loveliness!!! Thank you for passing on the inspiration friend!!! Nicole xo
Dawn McHugh said…
returning the visit, I shall look forward to following your journey to self sufficiency.
Love your house it looks really quaint, there are some good ideas there in your post I hope you manage to achieve some of them it will make for a very interesting garden :-)
Eliza said…
Your dreams and aspirations are where it all starts, keep them all coming and do a little at a time. I love the arbor with the red gate to match your door. As for every little whimsical do it all, I love your ideas. yes I can all see it happening too.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda
You have found such wonderful inspiration and ideas for how your garden could look. I know that it is a lot of work, we have been at our garden for over 10 years now and are still getting things done, but the doing and the thinking is as much fun as actually admiring the results isn't it. It looks as though you are getting a lot done already! Thank you so much for joining in, it is lovely to have you back! I hope that you are having a great weekend!! xx
Oh my gosh, you have been busy drooling around the web!! I have to say I love that bag. Burlap hanging from the fence suits me. There are so many gorgeous garden pictures in your post. Lovely vividly red flowers....love it.
Red is my passion this year I think...last year it was pink.
xx, Carol
Mrs Tiggywinkle said…
I agree, every garden does need a bit of whimsy and I love that teapot. You have set me thinking... Happy Memorial Day. x
Annie Cholewa said…
I'm certainly with you on the swing, but I'd also need a tree to hang it from.

What a fun post. Happy gardening :)
Lorrie said…
Lots of inspiration here. Love the burlap bag planter idea and that birdhouse covered in red roses. I'm visiting late from Amy's Five on Friday.
Gina said…
I've really enjoyed the tour of your dream garden Beth. I've been working on mine today but it seems a never ending task. You have a very pretty home that will look fabulous with all your garden dreams come true!
Alison said…
Ooo white arbor, red gate if you ask me! Lovely, Beth xx
CountryMum said…
Lovie those bird feeders. Some people are just so creative! So glad I came across your blog this morning. I am going to enjoy seeing your posts.