Moving Along with the Sights and Sounds of Late Summer

Hi everyone! Well, it's been a while since I last posted and so many things have been going on it's been hard to keep up.  I got this miserable bug that landed me in the ER in the wee hours of the morning several weeks ago.  After three and a half hours, an EKG, full blood work and a CT scan - no diagnosis.  Oh yes, and lots and lots of pain meds IV thank goodness!  DH thinks it was this nasty un-named bug going around but what ever it was it was excruciatingly painful.  Ughhhh!  Happily it disappeared two days later. It took me a little longer to get my brain out of the wonky stage created by the pain meds.  The super bugs that are out there today are truly becoming scary!  But enough of that saga. It is over and with some luck will not show its ugly head again.

I've been weaving and beading a little as well as working on WIP's that I have vowed will not increase in number until a nice chunk of current work is completed,  Ha, Ha, Ha... we all know how that works but let's see if I can muster up some fiber discipline :D

I don't know if any of you suffer from this thing of starting a knitting or crocheting project and as you get about a third of the way into the project you are not liking the pattern or more often than not, the colors and ripping it all out?! Maybe I am just impatient and don't allow the project to evolve through that inevitable "ugly" stage before it finally morphs into that beautiful butterfly it was meant to be. Or perhaps I just suck at picking colors to go together! LOL!!  Anyway, If any of you suffer from this malady and have come up with remedies - please share...!

No more work on garden as of yet to report - it's just been too wicked hot and humid.  I have to muster the fortitude soon though because plants I ordered for fall planting are beginning to arrive! Eeek!  I guess that means fall really is on the way?!

Now, I of course saved the best for last... I have two, yes that's right, two new kitties!!! How on earth I convinced DH on this one I don't know... caught him at moment of weakness I guess?!  Anyway, I would like to introduce Maggie and Winnie, mom and daughter...who arrived at our house on Friday evening September 4th.

It has been a challenge to get photos that were more than just blurs of color but these are the first of a few that are moderately clear.  I just can't get over how tiny Winnie is who is a whole two and a half months old.  Maggie is three years old and is a great Mom.  Maggie and Winnie are beginning to settle in... Winnie of course is cowabunga all over the house.  I had forgotten how tiny kittens are! Both are love bugs even though Winnie is also a little wiggle worm preferring to be on the ground scouting new territories out rather than being held.  We're working on the cuddling thing with them both...



Maggie and Winnie sharing the water bowl


Winnie napping in the studio


Winnie the great explorer


No you cannot have that tassel to play with Winnie!!!


This is a great shot showing how small Winnie actually is... she weighs a whole two pounds!  Imagine that! :D

Thanks for stopping by and look forward to catching up on everyone's blogs as fast as I can...

Comments

ellen said…
Dear Beth..I am so sorry that you were ill. That must have been so frightening.
Now, look at those two darlings. They are just precious and I know that you must be so happy to have them. Give them a tickle from me.
xo, Ellen.
Pam said…
Cute new kitty's! That 3 day bug has been around here, it's horrible. Completely wipes you out. Sorry to hear it got to you.
Quinn said…
And here I was imagining you were too busy in your garden to post on your blog! So sorry you were poorly, Beth, that malaise sounds dreadful. I'm glad you're feeling better now!
And of course, two kitties are the preventative or cure for so many of life's trials; I hope you will now be well-defended as you DO get out in your gardens! Mine are a bit jungle-ish, but with gems of flowers and vegetables scattered here and there to cheer my day. Here's hoping we both get some pleasant, comfortable weather for a while!
Welcome to blogland, Maggie and Winnie :)
Hi Beth. So sorry you have been sick. I wondered why you haven't been posting, but I thought it was a busy garden time for you. OMGOSH your kitties are so pretty. Love the color of the small one. I know they keep you entertained!!
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol
So very sorry to hear that you have been so unwell, I hope that you are feeling much better again now and will stay that way. The new kitties are very cute aren't they!! xx
kathyinozarks said…
I am with your other friends-so sorry to ready you were so ill. My allergies started early this year and my brother in Indiana got really sick too with strep throat-so bugs are among us for sure.
so happy you have new kitties again-hope these work out much better. hugs
Kathy
Mereknits said…
Oh my goodness they are so adorable. How cute!!!! You must be so in love with them both. Very exciting. I bet hubby was a bit distracted with your illness so he caved in easily with the two kitties. Have fun.
Meredith