It's Been A While...

Where do I begin?  I guess at the beginning as they say... sometimes I wonder where ideas in my head come from.  Like deciding to move blogs when all my blogging friends are here.  Sometimes I just get this itch for something new mind you not that the old and familiar is bad.  Anyway, before I begin babbling I gave it a good think and decided The Whimsical Dowager is where I belong.  All of my crazy changes in path live here and this is where I need to be.  I've always been a bit of a jumping bean changing focus as quick as the weather here in New England changes but I realized that's what keeps life interesting, for me anyway!!!

Okay, so there is a lot of catching you all up and don't worry, I won't try to do it all in one post.  I just heard a bunch of sighs of relief out there! :)  So, let's see...I'm still working on learning to weave so not much else to say on that matter.  My spinning finally kicked in in the last few weeks and I even tried plying for the first time.  Silly really, being afraid to try something new... but I'm still great at that one.  It is just so gratifying being happy with my spinning finally - it is amazingly meditative and soothing to the soul.

New to me spinning wheel that came along for free with my floor loom!
It's an Ashford Traveller and spins like a beauty


My first fine spun yarn I have actually been happy with


My first plied yarn!


It's been almost two years since my beloved kitty Raphael passed away and a little over a year since we adopted Maggie and her baby Winnie.  Funny thing is we wanted a kitten and Maggie wasn't even in the picture at the beginning and now all we have is Maggie.  Winnie turned out to have a lot more energy than I could keep up with so we gave her back and just kept Maggie.  I call her my little surprise package! She is settling in finally and has been making great strides in coming out of her shell.  We couldn't be happier!  Hopefully she is too!


I'm still working on saving up the money to get a few more parts my new to me floor loom needs before I can actually use it and finally apply what I have been learning from videos and books.  By the summer hopefully.

So far the winter hasn't been much to speak of... an inch of snow a couple of times, which melted almost immediately.  It has been cloudy a lot so that has been a tad depressing.  I finally finished redecorating my studio and will take some pictures soon to show you all. Well, I guess that's about it for now.  I look forward to hearing from you all as I get back into my blogging rhythm and you all realize... I'm BACK :)


Comments